Smombies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
You think that’s not aggressive? Srsly?

I’d call that a prime example of riding like a daffodil.

Did you miss the bit about “when I am a pedestrian” ?

I have started to just stop and when they walk into me the looks I get ... it’s quite fun reminding them I was the stationary one and they walked into me.

Drago

Legendary Member
For such applications, I'm a fan of the Dillon Aero M-134. Even Jesse Ventura, a hulking great mountain of a man, struggled to hold onto to one during the filming of Predator, as the recoil was simply massive...even when firing blanks. In the end they had to slow the rate of fire to 1/3 of standard so Ventura could manage it.

Therefore, it is the perfect weapon for tickling the smombies out of the way. Subtle, understated, refined.

maxresdefault.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
You said "shoulder check" which to my mind describes a deliberate action, and now you're changing your story to "not jumping out of their way" which is something quite different.

Either way if you ain’t looking where your going it’s not the person who is lookings problem .

There’s at least one person who uses Liverpool Street who has an elbow shaped black eye as he walked into it while I was scratching back of my head while stood still. Or is that my fault ??

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I agree. Don’t pansy about. Snow drop-ping the muggles on the pavement. Cycle safe. ^_^
Is that a direct quote of a JK Rowling story? It makes little sense to me.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
I've found one of the interesting things with the bell, is that they will hear it, look up, but then continue as if i have just activated an invisibility shield. It's almost as if the Smombie's brain has been deactivated temporarily so that they cannot understand that something is happening. Interestingly they react faster to black cab drivers.

In response to some of the others, you do realise that the "running them down" line was a joke, right? I'm actually very nice to them (usually). It's just annoying when the interaction ends up with me having to stop. With singing I've found they can hear me a lot more in advance (unless they are wearing those noise cancelling jobs or Apple idiot buds).

Bodhbh

Guru
Don't really bother me on the road - at least it's a big red flag that they're not paying attention.

I find it problematic when it's a cycle path and they're on a bike riding at you, or when I'm on foot trying to cross London to get a train, everyone is at it and it feels like your swimming against a tide.

Top Bottom