Smooth Radio

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the fact you can get Radio 6 in HD quality with on demand content as well, its been well used since the lockdown :okay:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've just remembered a good reason for NOT listening to Smooth FM..
This is one of the songs on their limited playlist and they insist on playing it every time I turn the station on. ARGHHHHHH :cursing:. Never wanted to strangle anything responsible for birdsong before, but this is pushing my tolerance.
Just to share the agony.....

Aaargh!!! Probably in the late 90s, I had my alarm clock radio set to Melody FM, and noticed a slightly Groundhog Day-esque repetition of a very limited playlist as I woke each morning. Not "I got you Babe" so much as "Loving You", plus quite a lot of "Lady in Red" (Chris de Burgh), and the wonderfully weird "Angie Baby" by Helen Reddy.
That last one has freakish lyrics. Quite disturbing.

Looked recently and found it had rebranded to Magic FM, and a rather modernised playlist. Was surprised to find myself nostalgic for the earlire crap!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
If anyone needs cheering up, I can recommend Stephen Bumfrey's 'One Foot in the Groove' show- weekdays between 2 and 4 on Radio Norfolk. He's naturally very funny, and a terrific broadcaster - proper radio anorak too. 873Khz am - gets out surprisingly well.
I rarely tear myself away from R. Caroline, but make an exception for this show.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
2,4, 5 & 6 For me.

Though since moving back to the Shire I’ve been listening to BBC radio Devon a fair bit! Sad eh? But I like it. Especially Gordon Sparks in the morning, he can’t pronounce his “L”s, and he’s very enthusiastic.

Mike_P

Guru
2,4, 5 & 6 For me.

Though since moving back to the Shire I’ve been listening to BBC radio Devon a fair bit! Sad eh? But I like it. Especially Gordon Sparks in the morning, he can’t pronounce his “L”s, and he’s very enthusiastic.
Not sad IMO, a decent local radio station be it BBC or commercial (Global and Bauer please take note) is far more relevant to its local audience than any of the official nationals, or quasi nationals that Global and Bauer are inflicting .

Mike_P

Guru
The final week approaches for a large number of commercial stations as Bauer turn them into Hits or Greatest Hits Radio. Many listeners have already turned off as they have become painful to listen to and in respect of the former UKRD stations which provided, in their words, proper local radio its a sad end. Across Yorkshire it will be goodbye to Aire, Dearne, Minster, Ridings, Rother, Stray, Trax and Yorkshire Coast

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A few years ago i bought an internet/DAB radio. I've never used the internet radio on it, as there just isn't enough time for me to listen to stations all round the world, on top of the 7 or 8 DAB stations i already listen to.
Yet another pointless thing i bought while looking through HotUkDeals.

Similar here. I have a Sonus System. Would take a lifetime to plough through all of the available radio stations!

AndyRM

XOXO
The final week approaches for a large number of commercial stations as Bauer turn them into Hits or Greatest Hits Radio. Many listeners have already turned off as they have become painful to listen to and in respect of the former UKRD stations which provided, in their words, proper local radio its a sad end. Across Yorkshire it will be goodbye to Aire, Dearne, Minster, Ridings, Rother, Stray, Trax and Yorkshire Coast

I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to centralise everything. The laws governing what you could call 'local' radio changed over a decade ago.

Top Bottom