snakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I would mention my pet snake but fear the almighty beating that Pat the mod would give me! :laugh:
It reminds me of a childhood rhyme we would sing about my friend billy and his 10 foot snake.

D

Deleted member 26715

Without being alarmist wasn't there a case last year of two children staying at their grandparents being asphyxiated by a python, I do love the feel of a snake, but there is just something about them that I wouldn't want to care for one.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
An ex collegue had a whole bedroom dedicated to snakes, scorpions and spiders that could kill you. It was totally weird.

I should have known he was not a full deck of cards when he went on to murder his wife. . no kidding.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Without being alarmist wasn't there a case last year of two children staying at their grandparents being asphyxiated by a python, I do love the feel of a snake, but there is just something about them that I wouldn't want to care for one.
I always have to ask 'why'. Same with people who have these enormous (potentially) lethal dogs. Yes maybe 99% of the time they are fine but it just needs the one time it decides it doesnt like that kiddie.
Not preaching, we are all different, its just how I feel.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would mention my pet snake but fear the almighty beating that Pat the mod would give me! :laugh:

You don't know how hard it is to resist making a crass joke about beating your snake.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A few years ago I was cycling along a nearby lane and I was heading for what I thought was a length of rope on the ground. When I got to about two metres from it the bloody thing started moving across the road at a fair old rate.

I think it was an Adder and glad I didn't ride over it as it might have got annoyed.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was walking in thick bush in South Africa when somebody in front of me grabbed a sapling for balance and it shook a little; a black snake dropped out and slithered away very fast. Our Afrikaaner guide just told me: "That was a mamba!"

gbb

Legendary Member
In a similar vein, a former company i worked at processed peas and runner beans by the lorry load, straight from the farm. It was'nt unusual to find rabbits, grass snakes, toads etc in the loads, no biggie......except to Oskar (sp) an ex pat South African Afrikaans who didn't trust any snake....and prompty beat anything he came across to death with a spade. No amount of telling him a grass snake was harmless would change his mind.
The only good snake is a dead one, he used to say with typical SA accent.:laugh:

Top Bottom