1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Horror FORECAST

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 2 Jan 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7167475.stm

SO - guard you life, stock up like your going to die, say goodbye to loved ones, keep warm, conserve any form of energy if possible !

Dont go out, DONT drive your car, dont cycle,

in fact dont do anything as its going to last for 200yrs

Weather forecasters believe it'll only last a week ! ;) - but the media will hype it to hell just for the hell of it ! xx(

2. Thank you Yenrod - Citizen of Culture 2008 (CycleChat rep);)

Get yer hobnail tyres fitted quicksmart, and keep yer privvy doors shut up there. (It's OK down South - we've got globes to keep us warm...) xx(

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well we were at Costco at the weekend stocking up. Gonna board up the doors and windows as soon as I get home tonight then that'll be me until spring.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

time for mr mountain bike to get to work then xx(

5. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

I reckon it's snowed here properly about twice in the 7 years I've lived in Bristol. I won't be holding my breath...

6. freakhatz

freakhatz New Member

Could this be the end of Global-warming as we know it?

7. skids

skids Well-Known Member

Agree with what you say about the frequency of snow around Bristol but even the hint of a snowflake normally means the road system around here grinds to a halt.

To be honest I'd really like a heavy fall of snow. My 6 year old daughter has never really seen much snow (not any thats been pitching anyway).

8. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

It's all my fault I'm afraid - I've just serviced a couple of my motorbikes and thought about putting one of them on the road:sad:

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Very true. Although I'd look forward to the satisfaction of sailing past all the cars on my MTB. I've noticed that the locals panic a lot at the sign of a snowflake - I remember getting up early, scraping the car, driving slowly to work, to be greeted by an empty office!

10. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I washed my motorbike down at the weekend, is it my fault? Can I get chains for 700c wheels as I may well need to out tomorrow to get some shopping.

11. girofan

girofan New Member

;) Global warming seems to have missed Oswestry.
    I have lived here now for twelve months and last January I witnessed the most snow I've seen in 25 years!
    Since then it's been cold, even in midsummer. Someone should tell the forecasters. They seem to be the only one's out of the loop!!!xx(:ohmy:!

12. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

4cm!!

*whistles for trusty St. Bernard who brings pipe & slippers*

T x

13. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Bring on the snow xx(

Off skiing on Sunday anyway

14. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Snow eh?

Will the interweb still work? I may send some pictures in to Sky News, accompanied by a message making it clear I don't know what I'm talking about:biggrin:

15. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Well its gonna be cold and windy but sunny according to the Met Office, Metcheck and the BBC here in Blackpool tomorrow morning so I will be out on my bike.

Looks like everywhere else is going to cop it especially down sarth.