Snow Horror FORECAST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7167475.stm

SO - guard you life, stock up like your going to die, say goodbye to loved ones, keep warm, conserve any form of energy if possible !

Dont go out, DONT drive your car, dont cycle,

in fact dont do anything as its going to last for 200yrs

Weather forecasters believe it'll only last a week ! ;) - but the media will hype it to hell just for the hell of it ! xx(

Thank you Yenrod - Citizen of Culture 2008 (CycleChat rep);)

Get yer hobnail tyres fitted quicksmart, and keep yer privvy doors shut up there. (It's OK down South - we've got globes to keep us warm...) xx(

domtyler

Über Member
Well we were at Costco at the weekend stocking up. Gonna board up the doors and windows as soon as I get home tonight then that'll be me until spring.

U

User482

I reckon it's snowed here properly about twice in the 7 years I've lived in Bristol. I won't be holding my breath...

skids

User482 said:
I reckon it's snowed here properly about twice in the 7 years I've lived in Bristol. I won't be holding my breath...

Agree with what you say about the frequency of snow around Bristol but even the hint of a snowflake normally means the road system around here grinds to a halt.

To be honest I'd really like a heavy fall of snow. My 6 year old daughter has never really seen much snow (not any thats been pitching anyway).

U

User482

skids said:
Agree with what you say about the frequency of snow around Bristol but even the hint of a snowflake normally means the road system around here grinds to a halt.

To be honest I'd really like a heavy fall of snow. My 6 year old daughter has never really seen much snow (not any thats been pitching anyway).

Very true. Although I'd look forward to the satisfaction of sailing past all the cars on my MTB. I've noticed that the locals panic a lot at the sign of a snowflake - I remember getting up early, scraping the car, driving slowly to work, to be greeted by an empty office!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I washed my motorbike down at the weekend, is it my fault? Can I get chains for 700c wheels as I may well need to out tomorrow to get some shopping.

girofan

;) Global warming seems to have missed Oswestry.
I have lived here now for twelve months and last January I witnessed the most snow I've seen in 25 years!
Since then it's been cold, even in midsummer. Someone should tell the forecasters. They seem to be the only one's out of the loop!!!xx(:ohmy:!

mondobongo

Über Member
Well its gonna be cold and windy but sunny according to the Met Office, Metcheck and the BBC here in Blackpool tomorrow morning so I will be out on my bike.

Looks like everywhere else is going to cop it especially down sarth.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Generaly no good snow in London xx(

Had a few good days of 'proper snow' in our local park 3 years ago, Ms tdr1nka(then nearly 3)was taught 'don't eat yellow snow' which she delighted at shouting at passers by. We also met an African family who had never seen snow before and were overwhelmed!

T x

P.S. Just in case I find it adviseable to not eat snow of any colour but white, or transparent for all the pedants out there.

Top Bottom