Snow watch - how is it where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Ditto in Gloucestershire - although there was frost on the grass this morning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A bit windy on Isle of Mull but ferries are still running. Some rain but sun is currently shining. Temp. outside when I was out in the car was 5 degrees C.

I had to chortle the other day. lifted from the social media comments that I added

I'd been watching a repeat on '5 Spike'(?) of an episode of the 'Paddington Station 24/7' series

This particular episode covered the period of 'The Beast From The East' (late Feb - early March 2018)

During one segment, a team are clearing point-motors, & an Engineer states that;
"I've Worked On The Railways, For 15 Years, & This Is The Worst Snow I've Seen!!!!"

I actually laughed so much, that Amelia came to see what I was watching
I stopped the playback, & THIS is his "Worst Snow"

Southerners...……….. #shakesheadindisbelief

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217030367103643&set=a.10216837124112689&type=3&theater

Granted, yes, the Point motors do need to be free, but he ought to move, if he thinks that's bad snow

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had to chortle the other day. lifted from the social media comments that I added

I'd been watching a repeat on '5 Spike'(?) of an episode of the 'Paddington Station 24/7' series

This particular episode covered the period of 'The Beast From The East' (late Feb - early March 2018)

During one segment, a team are clearing point-motors, & an Engineer states that;
"I've Worked On The Railways, For 15 Years, & This Is The Worst Snow I've Seen!!!!"

I actually laughed so much, that Amelia came to see what I was watching
I stopped the playback, & THIS is his "Worst Snow"

Southerners...……….. #shakesheadindisbelief

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217030367103643&set=a.10216837124112689&type=3&theater

Granted, yes, the Point motors do need to be free, but he ought to move, if he thinks that's bad snow

My dad used to work in Coventry with someone who absolutely loved the Yorkshire Dales. The colleague took all of his summer holidays there and swore that he was going to sell his house and move there once he retired. Dad suggested that he should try a winter holiday in the Dales before making any rash decisions...

So, the man booked a caravan for a week mid-winter. (Oh, how the locals must have laughed!) He dug his way out of deep snowdrifts several times before giving up and coming home. That was the end of the fantasy Dales retirement!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
North Lancs, about 20 miles south of you @SpokeyDokey ... no snow here. Feels cold enough though.

Sharky

Guru
No snow, but just like a winters day, cold and a sharp wind. Roads clogged up with mud and gravel, alongside the pot holes, especially coming back along the Hartley Bottom Road.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My dad used to work in Coventry with someone who absolutely loved the Yorkshire Dales. The colleague took all of his summer holidays there and swore that he was going to sell his house and move there once he retired. Dad suggested that he should try a winter holiday in the Dales before making any rash decisions...

So, the man booked a caravan for a week mid-winter. (Oh, how the locals must have laughed!) He dug his way out of deep snowdrifts several times before giving up and coming home. That was the end of the fantasy Dales retirement!

View: https://youtu.be/F4XNv0QGwdA

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
_20190403_130715.JPG
Hail, here in Northampton..
Just a passing shower, I think :eek:

Top Bottom