So, Carbon Fibre...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Uh, no.

Matthew

onlyhuman

String and glue. I know what you mean anyway yenrod, calling it "carbon fibre" makes it sound so hi-tech and "exclusive", but it's just glorified fibreglass.

adscrim

Veteran
onlyhuman said:
String and glue. I know what you mean anyway yenrod, calling it "carbon fibre" makes it sound so hi-tech and "exclusive", but it's just glorified fibreglass.

There's alot of glory there though.

It the same as a pro tour bike and a BSO being 'basically' the same. They both have wheels and pedals after all.

mr Mag00

rising member
*shakes head*

onlyhuman

MajorMantra said:
Wrong again.

Can you tell me why I'm wrong? The two processes are almost identical, the end products are extremely similar. Fibres are spun into yarn, made into fabric and combined with plastic resin.

MajorMantra

onlyhuman said:
Can you tell me why I'm wrong? The two processes are almost identical, the end products are extremely similar. Fibres are spun into yarn, made into fabric and combined with plastic resin.

Yes, but calling CF "glorified fibreglass" is like calling titanium "glorified aluminium". Different materials, different properties.

Matthew

montage

God Almighty
MajorMantra said:
Yes, but calling CF "glorified fibreglass" is like calling titanium "glorified aluminium". Different materials, different properties.

Matthew

And like calling Lady gaga a glorified pop star.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

onlyhuman said:

MajorMantra said:

Matthew

Matthew your totally wrong.

'Only - totally right ! :evil:

At the end of the day crack a steely - get it repaired crack a carbon and its curtains if not end of'.

Though I do know of a person who has a prob. with a scott carbon frame and has sent it off to some bloke down south somewhere...who reportedly can repair it...

I still feel carbon is effectively a 'plastic' and by and large brittle.

Top Bottom