So did you all have a good break, etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Hi all,
I've been largely absent from these parts for a couple of weeks, but now I am back.
Everyone okay?
Has anyone got anything to share?

welcome back.

i was away too... up in the frozen north, scaring the wildlife with a bright orange hat. i saw lots of fireworks and birds... and stroke a couple of squirrels. i also had a hawk on my arm for a brief time.

back to job hunting now.

Slowgrind

Two weeks break from work almost, back on Monday. Two weeks of cough, cold, sore throat and stomach upset! Can`t wait for Easter for my next week off! :smile:

barq

Slowgrind said:
Two weeks break from work almost, back on Monday. Two weeks of cough, cold, sore throat and stomach upset! Can`t wait for Easter for my next week off! :smile:

Poor you. :smile: Pretty much the same happened to me (without the stomach bit, although with any luck I'll have that this week). It all kicked off on my first day off and continued into the New Year. It's probably karma for a sickie I pulled some time in the distant past! :smile:

BTW Hello and welcome back Sam.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Patrick, you can show us your photos if you really want.
I saw a great sign in Whalley Range in Manchester; it was a carwash that bore the slogan:
'You've tried the rest, now try the best handjob in Manchester.' That was the best Christmas present of all.

We had two weeks booked off. Two weeks to rest, relax, eat choccies and fettle our house. We ended up spending two weeks being ill with lurgi. We both lost our appetites and the only thing we managed to get done was a load of washing. We're just about feeling better, if tired. Just in time to go back to work. Deep f*cking joy...

Oh, Patrick. Show us your pictures, do. Nothing would give me greater joy. You smug bastard

Speicher

Vice Admiral
laurence said:
i'd show you my pics, but i'm still uploading them to flickr.

but here's the ones from the Hawk Walk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurencea/sets/72157603651667667/

Lovely photos Laurence. I am not being sarcastic when I say this, I particularly like the slightly blurry ones, as they give such a sense of movement. There is a venue near here, where you can get close to the Hawks, your photos have encouraged me to have a go at it, under close supervision of course.

Top Bottom