So did you all have a good break, etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ta speicher... i like blurred pictures myself because of the movement.

i'd recommend a hawk walk at the Dalhousie castle centre to anyone as they're on a one to one basis, but just getting close to those hinds of birds is amazing. i had to be dragged away from them. i'm going to go back and have another hawk walk at some point and visit the other (main) centre where they have displays, etc.

the birds are pretty docile really, but you wouldn't want to mess with them. i was quite nervous doing the walk, especially when the hawk was heading at me at great speed, but it landed very gently and didn't seem to be interested in pecking at any part of my exposed skin.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Just back from 2 weeks in our wonderful windswept, soggy, boggy Irish retreat, miles from anywhere.

Back to Sarf London and many Police signs on our street asking for witnessess to gun shots being fired at a Police car.

From the sublime to the rediculous.....

T x

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
SamNichols said:
Patrick, you can show us your photos if you really want.
I saw a great sign in Whalley Range in Manchester; it was a carwash that bore the slogan:
'You've tried the rest, now try the best handjob in Manchester.' That was the best Christmas present of all.

i think the carwash was a front :eek:

you're new to manchester no?

I went up to Yorkshire to visit the family. Two weeks of booze and spliffs (my parents, at 60 odd, have turned inexplicably into Cheech and Chong:biggrin:). It's nice to get back to work for a break.

yenrod said:
I used to be in the YOC (young ornithologists club) and for years I strove to see certain types of birds and it was only when I left that I seen them :eek:

birds are clever. they always know to wait until you have raised the binoculars to your eyes and the split second before... they fly off. i took a series of shots of a Dipper dipping... each raising of the head was timed to be between the shots with the camera on continuous shoot mode - amazing creature! i have several shots of a brown, feathery rock.

Top Bottom