So how did you all chose what to call yourselves on here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I like, and have performed stand up comedy. And I qualified as a solo glider pilot a few years ago.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errrm, I'm a bloke who likes sharks. Seemed to fit the bill nicely. ;)

(The 4 instead of the A looked a bit more like a dorsal fin too... I know, I need to get out more.)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
About 25 years ago I re-sprayed a Holdsworth bike. Rather than buy new Holdsworth transfers I used Letraset (google it, young people) and laquer to apply a faux italian name. 'DELL ZEQQ (note the apostrophe). And so the legend was born. Going up the Ditchling Beacon on that year's L2B I heard some knowledgeable remarks about 'DELL ZEQQ bikes - there's an afficianado of all things Italian in each and every one of us just waiting to get out.

montage

God Almighty
ComedyPilot said:
I like, and have performed stand up comedy. And I qualified as a solo glider pilot a few years ago.

I assumed yours was because you steer the way the humour is going.....
A good name!

Wolf04

Because I'm hungry like the wolf?
Because I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing?
Because I'm a Howlin' Wolf fan?
Because I used to work in a building called the WOLFson unit and April is the month of my birth?
;)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm not sure!

I've got more than three bikes and I'm not called McGinty, maybe I should change it!!

Mr Pig

I've been Mr Pig for many years, on line and to my family anyway. Most of the people I know are unaware of the name.

Goes back to the early days of my relationship with my now wife. I was annoying/tormenting her in some way or other, I can't remember what it was but she was quite worked up. In her frustration she yelled "You're a pig!". In response I raised a finger and said "Ah, that's 'Mr Pig' to you".

This calmed her down quite miraculously, not! :0) Can't remember how the name came to stick but it did.

I'd bought a new Bianchi shortly before joining and my dad has always been using the line 'Howling Like a Banshee", I modded it to 'Howl like a Bianchi' and shortened it to HLaB. I think it should be 'Scream Like a Banshee' but I thought HLaB sounded better than SLaB ;)

Top Bottom