So I made a bike out of bits I found in the garage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
That front lamp bracket tho! I need to think of something clever to do with it. I hate it. Maybe a racing # plate.

What about a bottle opener for your beer?
Maybe something like this but a little more ornate and fashioned from an old lamp holder.

That's really rather nice. :okay:

I'd use a finger nail to loosen a small corner of the sticker, then apply a dollop of alcohol hand gel underneath - that's good at loosening glue without being as harsh as solvents. Then, *slowly* and with an even tension, peel the sticker back, applying more hand gel as you go.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice bike!

Really need chrome steel rims on a bike like that. Black anodised alloy looks too modern.
Yeah - who needs front brakes that work in the rain! :laugh:

" ... and then you will really know what poor wet weather braking is like!"

I nearly met my maker when I was about 12 years due to wet steel rims. I was bombing down Barkers Butts Lane in Coventry in the rain towards the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill and braked when the lights changed to red as I approached them. The cross traffic started moving but I couldn't stop! I shot between 2 fast-moving cars and somehow emerged on the other side of the lights in one piece.

Decent brake blocks work pretty well on wet alloy rims, providing you use that early braking technique to wipe the rims before heavier braking. It is easy to get your front and/or rear wheels to lock up in the wet and you don't need more braking power than that!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Did anyone notice the 1980s Dia Compe BMX lever with parking brake button?
I was too busy being shocked by the mismatching grip/saddle combo.

Top Bottom