So I went out for a drive...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
And I saw:
Many drivers going over the speed limit.
Some drivers whizzing past red lights.
One driver went through several sets of red lights.
One driver overtaking nearly caused a crash.
Two drivers tailgating. Perhaps they were drafting to save watts, or fuel. But unlikely.
A number of cars had illegally darkened windows.
Some drivers had parked on double yellow lines and others had joined them by double parking alongside them, actually in the lane where traffic normally drives.
One taxi driver parked at a cross roads managed by traffic lights stopping the flow of traffic.

But the good thing is all these cars had number plates so there's a bonus. In that case, nothing to see here, all is well.

Sharky

Guru
.... And they don't pay Road Tax!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Some drivers had parked on double yellow lines and others had joined them by double parking alongside them,
That happens to me when I park on the double yellows outside my flat, with my blue badge. It'd be bad enough if another blue badge holder parked directly across from me on the other side's double yellows, but it's mostly young blokes going to the pub round the corner! :ninja:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And I saw:
Two drivers tailgating. Perhaps they were drafting to save watts, or fuel. But unlikely.
Some drivers had parked on double yellow lines and others had joined them by double parking alongside them, actually in the lane where traffic normally drives.
One taxi driver parked at a cross roads managed by traffic lights stopping the flow of traffic.

But the good thing is all these cars had number plates so there's a bonus. In that case, nothing to see here, all is well.

No need to drive - you can see all that from your bike every day.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am at a loss as to why we would be interested in this. This is everyday driving on roads wherever you are. If you dont like it. Dont drive.

When cycling you will see similar things. Riders on pavements, going through red lights, no hands on handlebars, using mobile phones. The list is endless.

So what? This is the norm these days. Dont let it stress you.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have 2 theories here, either A) You were the one going through the lights so you knew you did it, or B) You followed the car through the lights so you know he's done it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I am at a loss as to why we would be interested in this. This is everyday driving on roads wherever you are. If you dont like it. Dont drive.

When cycling you will see similar things. Riders on pavements, going through red lights, no hands on handlebars, using mobile phones. The list is endless.

So what? This is the norm these days. Dont let it stress you.

I read it as unsubtle satire penned in a Peter Kay playground humour observational stylee - might be wrong though. 🙂

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And I saw:

Give it another hour or so and the anti driving CC mob will be along to cause havoc in this thread…..

:popcorn:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
That happens to me when I park on the double yellows outside my flat, with my blue badge. It'd be bad enough if another blue badge holder parked directly across from me on the other side's double yellows, but it's mostly young blokes going to the pub round the corner! :ninja:

I thought one was not allowed to park on double yellows even with a blue badge? Single yellow only and then one has to ensure it doesnt have those perpendicular (to the road) yellow strips on the footpath.

(Shrugs) But idk.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought one was not allowed to park on double yellows even with a blue badge? Single yellow only and then one has to ensure it doesnt have those perpendicular (to the road) yellow strips on the footpath.

(Shrugs) But idk.

You can for up to 3 hours, depends if / what stripes are on the kerb/other signage. Can’t on a red route though except in bays when permitted

Top Bottom