So long

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What I really would like to know (curiosity killed the 49 year old spinster barista supervisor cat lady :biggrin:) is what was said that led the Virgin thread to be deleted, not merely locked, and who said it.

What I really would like to know (curiosity killed the 49 year old spinster barista supervisor cat lady :biggrin:) is what was said that led the Virgin thread to be deleted, not merely locked, and who said it.

Grounds for dismissal. Richard Branson wanted to bring in the East Coast Expresso - but the govt. poured cold water on the idea and it fell flat. Not a solution when one has a raging First.

:rolleyes:

I did a similar thing and went off in a strop about 18 months ago.
Found that just about any site where ordinary people can contribute trawled up a few extremes. But then you can open a newspaper and find the same.

Overall I think CC has a decent level of debate and you just need to perhaps be able to hold it at arms length which can be difficult if you ar passionate or annoyed about some thing.

As for direct point with OP- surely because you have a demanding job you need some other focus in life away from it? CC may be that, or indeed get out on your bike more perhaps??

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Grounds for dismissal. Richard Branson wanted to bring in the East Coast Expresso - but the govt. poured cold water on the idea and it fell flat. Not a solution when one has a raging First.

:rolleyes:

The committee trying to make the decision about the franchise for the ECML sat for far too long. Everyone got steamed up about it and they all ended up with a tender behind.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I did a similar thing and went off in a strop about 18 months ago.
Found that just about any site where ordinary people can contribute trawled up a few extremes. But then you can open a newspaper and find the same.

Overall I think CC has a decent level of debate and you just need to perhaps be able to hold it at arms length which can be difficult if you ar passionate or annoyed about some thing.

As for direct point with OP- surely because you have a demanding job you need some other focus in life away from it? CC may be that, or indeed get out on your bike more perhaps??

Nice to have you back, and all that, but I love a good enflouncement. I just love the way that every flonceur somehow manages to convince himself that he is so important that his ostentatious departure will be met with wailing and gnashing of teeth or anxious forum self-reflection rather than the ridicule it so obviously deserves. It reminds me of those punters on the South Bank who will part with a quid because they are sure that they will be the one who can ride the reverse-steering bicycle, even though they've watched it make complete tits out of the previous thirty takers.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Looks like they got another........
fog4.jpg

I don't know. We give them (P&L) a tea thread to try and make them a little more civilised and they snap up another poor, naive, mis-guided, unsuspecting victim.......

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Nice to have you back, and all that, but I love a good enflouncement. I just love the way that every flonceur somehow manages to convince himself that he is so important that his ostentatious departure will be met with wailing and gnashing of teeth or anxious forum self-reflection rather than the ridicule it so obviously deserves. It reminds me of those punters on the South Bank who will part with a quid because they are sure that they will be the one who can ride the reverse-steering bicycle, even though they've watched it make complete tits out of the previous thirty takers.

Have you considered that the people who have a go might just be enjoying themselves knowing that they might look silly but they're willing to join in and give people a laugh, for fun?

Top Bottom