So, People think cycling on the pavement is bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Errrrrr. Right. OK..... :eek:

Mile195

Veteran
I was in the Rotherhithe tunnel the other day, and a guy on a moped stopped his bike halfway through the tunnel, got on the pavement, rode down the pavement past about 5 cars (presumably at about 30, since the cars would have been doing 20 (average speed cameras)) then pulled back onto the road. I genuinely couldn't believe my eyes...

vickster

Legendary Member
Shared use, think I spotted a sign.
I saw one after the petrol station not before

Given the number of motorcyclista who think asl are for them, I guess he saw the same two wheeled sign and thought that must mean me too

I don't have an issue with motorbikes in ASLs, they're vulnerable too and usually away quicker than me to no effect.

Different story on the pavement though as they're less able to keep at lower speeds and weave.

Jimidh

Veteran
That made me laugh

Maylian

Veteran
Once almost got hit by a moped on a pavement, which allowed cyclists. I commented to the young chav who turned around and started arguing that he wasn't on the pavement and did I want a fight, even disputing when an old man confirmed it.

My response; sure and I took my phone/ camera out to take a photo. To which he quickly raced off using the road.

On the other hand, being in Cambodia when there is a traffic jam, hundreds of mopeds jump onto the pavement with little regard for peds.

Top Bottom