so... thinking about a Audax ride will my bike be upto it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Thinking about getting into Audax riding, i think thats the best form of riding for me, ive only been riding since the summer properly and thats on my Saracen tour what i built for commuting. If i get into Audax ill look to buy a nice bike next year.

Do you think the Saracen is up to the job ?
DSC_0666.JPG

Lonestar

Veteran
:wub:

alicat

Legendary Member
Well, that pump could swing round and get into the spokes without too much bother. I'll have the bike off you to save you the worry.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Well, that pump could swing round and get into the spokes without too much bother. I'll have the bike off you to save you the worry.

Haha. Im sure the pump is fine thanks for worrying about me though. :laugh:

Sorry you can't have the bike... It will aways be my commuter :okay:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Thinking about getting into Audax riding, i think thats the best form of riding for me, ive only been riding since the summer properly and thats on my Saracen tour what i built for commuting. If i get into Audax ill look to buy a nice bike next year.

Do you think the Saracen is up to the job ?
View attachment 106332

More than up for the job.

I've seen Bromptons, tricycles, mountain bikes, hybrids, touring bikes, single speed bikes, fixed wheeled bikes, three speed hub geared bikes from the sixties, recumbants, hand cycles on the audaxes starting at Wigginton and Easingwold. What makes you think that your bike is unsuitable? :okay:

If ridden the Wiggington and Easingwold audaxes on hybrids, road bikes, tourers and an exhibition tourer and they all passed muster.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
More than up for the job.

I've seen Bromptons, tricycles, mountain bikes, hybrids, touring bikes, single speed bikes, fixed wheeled bikes, three speed hub geared bikes from the sixties, recumbants, hand cycles on the audaxes starting at Wigginton and Easingwold. What makes you think that your bike is unsuitable? :okay:

If ridden the Wiggington and Easingwold audaxes on hybrids, road bikes, tourers and an exhibition tourer and they all passed muster.

Thanks for that, i just didnt know with it being a cheap bike if it would be ok, although its been rebuilt using quality parts.

Any info to the Wiggington and Easingwold Audax's at all ???

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Thanks for that, i just didnt know with it being a cheap bike if it would be ok, although its been rebuilt using quality parts.

Any info to the Wiggington and Easingwold Audax's at all ???

A £60 'special' is up to audaxing if it's maintained properly.

You need to do some mugging up on the Audax website http://www.audax.org.uk

You can find the Wiggington and Easingwold rides on this list: http://www.audax.org.uk/events/?Fro...nd&Category=&Dist_min=&Dist_max=&Aaa=&Region=

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I saw several PBP riders on hybrids. One was on a Brompton.

You're fine.

Re. Wiggy 200 and 300 they tend to be April / May.

Having just checked there's no York-based events up on Audax UK's events list yet, but there will be.

I'm after another SR medal in 2016 so will pick up a 200 or 300 from York to go with the 400 and 600 I've scheduled.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Top Bottom