So today, I got spat at. (Road Rage - Video) *Police Aware*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheSpence

Oh. Hello.
Bit hard to see from the video, but this all started after the Van driver hurled abuse at me as he drove past (start of the clip). Actually, in earlier clips, you can hear a van beeping; probably the same guy.

Such a vile and angry man. Yes, I swore back and retaliated, but it was a natural defence mechanism.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Credit to the police for what seems to be an attempted stop.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
So he drove past you hurling abuse for no reason. From your reaction I can see that to be the case.
There are some real fruitcakes out there.
It was probably best ignored though. If he's abusing you for no reason you never know what he might do.

Hip Priest

Veteran
He's a nobber, and so are you by the looks of it. Carrying on even when his wife was obviously getting very scared.

Bodhbh

Guru
What did he shout?

I watched it twice, and I got he shouted something off camera, then a bunch of testosterone on both sides was in play.

And he spat at your feet? Which is purposely insulting but hardly a big deal. /ignore the daffodil.

blazed

220lb+
Inclined to believe there was a reason he was shouting at you prior to the recording but either way he was not pursuing you, you were pursuing him. He clearly was not interested in talking to you however naturally what with having a helmet camera you wanted a reaction.

He seemed to spit on the floor not on you, and then you lied to the police saying he tried to punch you.

Verdict = drama queen.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I have to agree, whatever shouting went on earlier would have been a complete non-event without you provoking a confrontation. Totally unnecessary, and lying to the police about a fictitious attempted assault is dumb at the best of times, but massively more so when your own video evidence proves it to be a lie.

This happened to me in Fareham, as always on the day the Camera wasn't charged

Passenger spat on passing

Caught up in a queue a few hundred yards later, and flashed NHS ID badge

Then explained that not only was he on the (not switched on) camera and therefore traceable through the driver and videothat I had rights as a member of the NHS, in that I was entitled to have him screened for Hepatitis, HIV and sexually transmitted disease

Then explained that this would mean a at least a dozen blood tests for which he would have to report to the Hospital, watching the driver's face whiten as I apologised becaus eth ones from the inside of the wrist for arterial blood were particularly painful

There was also the issue that he would have to declare the test to his employer and also for any health insurance with increased premiums

He ended up being very apprehensive and apologetic.

'He who runs away lives to run away another day' - that seem to be the case for quite a few people here. Who do they think will stand up for them if they don't do it themselves? Turning a blind eye or sticking your head in the ground won't solve anything.

Well done, The Spence for standing up to this despicable individual. Don't know whether it was intoxication, attitude or wanting to impress his passenger, but that kind of behaviour from a driver of a large vehicle has to be eradicated for everyone's safety.

Hopefully the police got hold of him and read him the riot act, otherwise make sure you use the evidence on your camera with the authorities.

Top Bottom