So today, I got spat at. (Road Rage - Video) *Police Aware*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
'He who runs away lives to run away another day' - that seem to be the case for quite a few people here. Who do they think will stand up for them if they don't do it themselves? Turning a blind eye or sticking your head in the ground won't solve anything.

Well done, The Spence for standing up to this despicable individual. Don't know whether it was intoxication, attitude or wanting to impress his passenger, but that kind of behaviour from a driver of a large vehicle has to be eradicated for everyone's safety.

Hopefully the police got hold of him and read him the riot act, otherwise make sure you use the evidence on your camera with the authorities.
But the evidence on his camera is bollox, compared to what he told the police.
All we saw was a driver who got angry when the cyclist came along side him. Something must have happened before.
But what reason would you tell the police lies and say it's on camera, when it clearly isn't!

But the evidence on his camera is bollox, compared to what he told the police.
All we saw was a driver who got angry when the cyclist came along side him. Something must have happened before.
But what reason would you tell the police lies and say it's on camera, when it clearly isn't!

Fair comment: as you said, something must have triggered the incident earleir.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Fair comment: as you said, something must have triggered the incident earleir.
It's like the op has only chosen to upload part of the video, not the most important part; the reason.
Granted, the driver was quite vile with all the swearing and he did spit(albeit on the ground). But we don't know what happened before. People don't usually just start shouting and swearing to that degree for no reason.
As Hip priest mentioned earlier, his wife did look quite worried too.

blazed

220lb+
'He who runs away lives to run away another day' - that seem to be the case for quite a few people here. Who do they think will stand up for them if they don't do it themselves? Turning a blind eye or sticking your head in the ground won't solve anything.

Well done, The Spence for standing up to this despicable individual. Don't know whether it was intoxication, attitude or wanting to impress his passenger, but that kind of behaviour from a driver of a large vehicle has to be eradicated for everyone's safety.

Hopefully the police got hold of him and read him the riot act, otherwise make sure you use the evidence on your camera with the authorities.

What did he stand up to? A guy who shouted out of his van, that hardly needs any reaction at all. He pursued and heckled the guy and eventually got something worth having on video. What with his lies about the video and looking at some of his previous videos its hard to side with him.

In years of cycling I've never had to stand up for myself, a few beeps here and there, some close passes etc, none of it manages to enrage me or even slightly annoy me. I just continue with my ride. Someone banged on a bus window when I was filtering the other day I didn't flinch, no doubt some cyclists would claim it was attempted murder and boarded that bus to have a go. Cyclists are so precious .

Hip Priest

Veteran

Hey, I've got no problem with the OP catching up with the guy and having a word. But what happened went way beyond that. Ultimately the video shows two thugs having a pissing contest in the street.

Hey, I've got no problem with the OP catching up with the guy and having a word. But what happened went way beyond that.

We all behave differently and have different thresholds of tolerance and fear.

As stated above, something must have happened prior to this video that sparked off the incident we saw. Maybe we'll get to see it and can have a better understanding of the situation.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Anybody who puts THE in front of their name must be a nobber !!

Surely THE Nobber?

GC

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My thoughts are you need to work on your technique.

Don't put an innocent party between you and the person you are rowing with; isn't fair on them.
Don't exaggerate to plod; you lose all credibility when your video disproves your claim.
Please wear some mitts/gloves when riding.
Don't stand in a bus lane holding other folk up when you want to work your aggression out.

Kempston

In years of cycling I've never had to stand up for myself, a few beeps here and there, some close passes etc, none of it manages to enrage me or even slightly annoy me. I just continue with my ride. Someone banged on a bus window when I was filtering the other day I didn't flinch, no doubt some cyclists would claim it was attempted murder and boarded that bus to have a go. Cyclists are so precious .

Bang on. Especially the bolded bit, something I have noticed after reading some of the threads on this very forum.

Drago

Legendary Member
If he'd had a knife you be sitting on a cloud playing the harp. Just ignore them and carry on - not easy to do, but probably the most annoying response you can make.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A nasty bit of abuse, yes, but what happened afterwards was entirely manufactured by the you TheSpence. If you'd tried to pursue this further you'd probably be charged with wasting Police time. Yes, it could have ended badly with a little more help from you.

Top Bottom