So today, I got spat at. (Road Rage - Video) *Police Aware*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I haven't watched it but from peoples' posts, we don't know what started it although something did, so how on earth can anyone judge the rider's reaction?

I'm as chilled out as i ever have been riding in London and as careful as i ever have been but my temper is sorely tested on an almost daily basis by dangerous selfish driving and occasional aggression and or abuse from other road users. I suspect those giving it 'no excuse' are either not commuting in London or riding very short distances very slowly or saints.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I haven't watched it but from peoples' posts, we don't know what started it although something did, so how on earth can anyone judge the rider's reaction?

If you haven't watched it how can you criticise the views of people who have?

GC

MarkF

Guru
Hey, I've got no problem with the OP catching up with the guy and having a word. But what happened went way beyond that. Ultimately the video shows two thugs having a pissing contest in the street.

Agree, it's not "standing up" for anything, it's a deliberate decision to drop to the same low level, escalate a situation and perhaps get biffed, and for what? N.o.t.h.i.n.g. It's pointless and embarrassing.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
That is horrific. It's no wonder people hate cyclists with behaviour like the OPs.

I thought it was posted for a joke - can't believe people are applauding the actions of the cyclist. That was provocation in the extreme - if a cyclist chased me down like that and pushed and pushed the very least I'd be doing would be spitting.

Get off the road.

Tynan

Veteran
Why?

My post is in simple plain English and makes perfect sense,

If he'd had a knife you be sitting on a cloud playing the harp. Just ignore them and carry on - not easy to do, but probably the most annoying response you can make.
I don't know about that... being a pretty big bloke I find blowing them a kiss and telling them I fancy them when they are angry tends to annoy and confuse the average knobber driver even more

jarlrmai

Veteran
I had a passenger giving me vocals out of a window as they paced along side me in slow traffic the other month, I asked him whether he liked my arse or my legs the most? I said it's probably the legs most blokes seem to like my legs, he looked confused said "yes" and then wound up the window.

Top Bottom