So todays the day...what will the UCI say?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
I was thinking exactly the same thing whilst reading that, reduce to 45%

I cant agree with you and FM on this based on one blood test I had that happened to include a Haematocrit Level

Result: 47% - there goes my ambition to be an Elite Rider :cry:

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I cant agree with you and FM on this based on one blood test I had that happened to include a Haematocrit Level

There are always medical exceptions - as there are for particular drugs. With the biological passport, it should be easier to establish what counts as 'normal' for each person. Should be.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This article in CW details the financial difficulties facing Armstrong, which could see the fortune he has amassed wiped out -

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/535289/armstrong-s-problems-have-only-just-begun.html

The UCI must be crapping themselves, should Lance be backed into a corner where he has nothing left to lose and is only left with the choice between humiliation and war he could decide to reveal where the bodies are buried.
He'll just "write the checks". Net worth $100+ million, plenty of rich folk prepared to help bail an all-American hero out, hell the US public are so gullible if he started a fighting fund he'd have enough to pay everything back in less than a year. I doubt he's losing sleep over the financials side of things. Perjury charges on the other hand..... but then there probably isn't a DA in the US who'd (be allowed to) prosecute or a jury who would convict.

woohoo

Veteran

Me too. Over the last 5 years, my hematocrit level has varied between 40% and 47% with no change in diet, exercise levels and non-use of PEDs :angel: . The local health authority (or whatever it's called) define low hematocrit level as below 40% and high as above 54%.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Perjury charges on the other hand..... but then there probably isn't a DA in the US who'd (be allowed to) prosecute or a jury who would convict.
I believe the US statute of limitations for Perjury is expired (here), and I don't know he's done anything that would reset it (unlike the cycling one).

Top Bottom