So unfit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjw

So I'm back on the trainer after two years getting myself into full time work and other stuff. It's hard work!
I'm planning doing 5 miles to start with then building up.
Also want to be out on the ebike when it starts getting lighter after 5pm
Using bkool and zwift and ordered a direct drive to keep me more motivated.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Your fitness will return. I have never trained in my life but have always cycled. You will gradually find yourself going further afield with much less effort. Just don't get fixated on numbers.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Starting is the hardest thing, and you've done that so well done.

As I think you know, it will be hard to begin with but you will see a snowball effect where you see the gains accelerating and you are able to ride more and more. Keep at it :smile:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Fixate on the numbers, indoors but not outdoors. Keep a simple training log. What gets measured gets managed: you can set achievable, interim goals for yourself, and hit them. Outdoors, just ride to enjoy.
Sunset in Stroud is after 5pm on 3 Feb :rolleyes:. You have 30 days!

When I played rugby and trained in winter ( before it all went super league and summer) we always said if you can get up and out and train in the cold and wet then it’s a breeze in the summer, if it ain’t raining it ain’t training. Subsequently now I love the cold, can deal with the rain, but not a fan of wind and rain. I prefer to run in the rain or just after sunset especially if it’s cold and find the hot summer less enjoyable. If you can push yourself now then as said above the summer will be enjoyable and rewarding.

Top Bottom