So what biccie would work for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

I feel an urge developing.

I have an urge.

I am off to bake biscuits.

Maz

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
Plain digestives.
It is essential to ensure the cup is wide enough to be able to dip the digestive without any obstruction.

I've seen far too many potential customers fail to sign on the dotted line due to 'biscuit radius/cup radius' issues.

HelenD123

Guru
Viennese ones with chocolate in the middle from M&S.
Or a chocolate hobnob.

There was uproar here when we weren't allowed to order biscuits for meetings anymore to save money.

red_tom

Maz said:
It is essential to ensure the cup is wide enough to be able to dip the digestive without any obstruction.

I've seen far too many potential customers fail to sign on the dotted line due to 'biscuit radius/cup radius' issues.

CircularSegment_1001.gif

Rather controversially, I quite enjoy doing the mini dunk that allows you to strip off the shaded section above, thus reducing the diameter by h. If the baked foodstuff is then rotated through 90 degrees, keeping the chord c parallel to the vertical axis of the cup, this allows for a full dunk on the second approach.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
red_tom said:
CircularSegment_1001.gif

Rather controversially, I quite enjoy doing the mini dunk that allows you to strip off the shaded section above, thus reducing the diameter by h. If the baked foodstuff is then rotated through 90 degrees, keeping the chord c parallel to the vertical axis of the cup, this allows for a full dunk on the second approach.
Inspired analysis... I will now test it on a packet of palin digestives and a cup of black coffee. :sad:
Also, ply me with jaffa cakes, shortbread, chocolate hobnobs or even rich tea, and I'll sign on that dotted line!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
red_tom said:
CircularSegment_1001.gif

You now need a table to factor in absorbtion rates over a range of biscuits to avoid disintegration and droppage.
Does your formula also account for rectangular biscuits?

Maz

Guru
LOL@ red_tom!
I have been using this method for years, but now I know the science behind it!

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

tdr1nka said:
You now need a table to factor in absorbtion rates over a range of biscuits to avoid disintegration and droppage.
Does your formula also account for rectangular biscuits?

Have used a 'dunkability' experiment to lure kids to science..:rolleyes:

Maz

Guru
A definite no-no IMO would be chocolate-coated rich tea biscuits. When you dunk them, the biscuit dissolves quicker that the chocolate melts!

Top Bottom