So what bike are you commuting on + link a picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what bike are you commuting on + post a picture

Well what do you commute to work on? .................

I use a pimped up Specialized Langster 06 fixed road bike. Gearing of 48t front with 16t rear. Goldtec hubs and Mavic Open Pro rims with DT DB spokes (all black)

I use a smart 1/2 watt rear light and the Hope LED 2 light up front. Work full time nights so I need some good lights.

syH7t4NtZSkUHjxSAWSrb+0rfCqmMGTB0300.jpg

glen

Wow. nice bike!! I'd love to have one of those. Got the 1/2 watt rear LED though. Just gotta get the rest of it. :blush:

Hi ST

I'm using the Allez when its nice weather just because its new and Im enjoying it. The usual workhorse is the Kona, its pretty indestructable and the brakes are great on wet December mornings.
I have just sold a singlespeed but may buy a langster if the 2008 model comes in a good colour!!
What is the standard gearing 44x16?

longers

Legendary Member
How do I put a picture on here? I can get so far as finding my camera and getting picture into Olympus master on my computer.

Please use simple language.

I don't commute at the moment (it's 75 miles to work :blush: ) but when I did I either used a cheap old Diamondback MTB with mudguards and slicks and a single chainring or a cheap and nasty Raleigh road frame with all my cast off gear from my other bikes fitted to it. This was on the principle that I should save my "good" bikes for best, until I eventually realised that the only riding I ever did was to work and back. So now if I get a shorter commute I'll use my Cannondale, my Dawes or my fixie.

Keith Oates

Janner
I commute on a steel framed MTB, locally made and called a DeVinci. It's a bit heavy and has Shimano 7/SIS gearing but I find it's not too bad even on the steep climb I have to get home each night. It makes taking the roadie out at the weekends an extra pleasure.

ViewfromVillaTerrace.jpg

I cycle on an upgraded ridgeback cyclone which does the job quite nicely for me at the moment. It isn't the lightest, but for me thats a good thing as it provides me with a workout.

727630432_bde140d42e.jpg

Magnatom junior isn't a permanent feature of the bike! :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
How do I put a picture on here? I can get so far as finding my camera and getting picture into Olympus master on my computer.

Please use simple language.

I assume (haven't tried it yet here, but have elsewhere) you:

Choose your picture.
Find an image hosting site, like Photobucket, and register.
Upload the picture from there (you just browse your computer to find the file)
It will give you various 'tags' you can use - one will be a web address, and that will simply post a link to that pic, and anothe will have [img ] at the beginning and [/img ] at the end, and I think that's the link you put in a message here to embed the image..

Just going try it myself...

Sore Thumb said:
Have you got your boys feet strapped down there? If so is this so he can't kick you to make dad go faster. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: He is more likely to kick me because I am going to fast.....honest :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
let's see if this works...

My summer commuter (seen here in autumnal Northumberland, NOT on my commute!). A Giant FCR, with modifications (different bars, rack added):

bikeritepicweb.jpg

My winter hack. A bit overloaded in this shot. Built up out of a no-name frame, and a lot of odds and ends:

sumaload.jpg

Top Bottom