So what bike are you commuting on + link a picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Dolan1.jpg

barq

Ok, here is my commuter bike "Judy":

imgp1170.jpg

It is a Trek 4500 MTB from a few years back. I replaced the suspension forks with some rigid Kona Project 2 forks and removed the disc brakes - makes it less attractive to thieves. I've stealthed also the Easton bling with some black electrical tape. I used a DMR kit (click - yes I know it needs a clean!) kit to convert the bike to singlespeed. The cranks are just regular Deore cranks with the granny and big rings removed and an FSA bashguard added (click). The tyres are Vredestein Perfect Moires (as suggested by people back on C+) which although not fast are nice and grippy in the wet and large enough for me to be happy on the occasional off-road diversion on my commute home. Occasionally I go XC single-speeding on this bike. It's quite exciting, not least because when I leave the lock at home it pretty much halves the weight of the bike. :tongue:

Yorkshireman said:
Don`t commute anymore (I`m retired :smile: ), but when I did I used a much modified Trek700 (also does good service as my tourer).

2006_1130Trek7000005.jpg

Seen here `tarting it` in the garden :biggrin: .
Er, ... I've also been known to use this
2007_0722Shopper0001.jpg

when the Trek is undergoing 'surgery' :biggrin:

vorsprung

Veteran
bonj said:
Wow, a bike with gears. You'd think they were the work of the devil :thumbsup:

I do have a single speed but I haven't tried riding to work on it
I estimate it would take me an extra hour and I'd be more knackered afterwards

ibren

bonj said:
that's a horrendous bike. It looks a bit of a deathtrap to be honest.

thanks for your insight in fact i can assure you that it is very stable and completely safe but after reading some of your other entrys you seem to often speak without thinking and ride in the same way
cheers

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't worry ibren, bonji has a bit of a problem with anything that doesn't fit his rather narrow idea of a bike, or indeed into his personal world, which is very odd place...

I think it's nice. I know a guy toured America with his Airnimal, really liked it...

ibren said:
thanks for your insight in fact i can assure you that it is very stable and completely safe but after reading some of your other entrys you seem to often speak without thinking and ride in the same way
cheers

And drives ibren, and drives. Bonj drives a van ... A White Van
:thumbsup:

chthonic

Über Member
I commute in two halves, leaving the trailer at nursery with the boy:
502263467_ae7acbd168_d.jpg

Rubbish old dawes horizon with bent frame and mis-matched forks. Nice trailer, though.

Top Bottom