So, what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Socks of the wife !
bike computer of my brother
base layer from my sister
bib and tights from Mom n Dad
Socks from the wife !!! might have to have a stern talking to her regarding the rights and wrongs of present buying .

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Ahk4oHzCAAArSPT.jpg

bit of extra fire power for next season

I'm fascinated by those - they do coffee don't they?

How do they work?

Is the end product better than caffetiere coffee?

subaqua

What’s the point
only 1 thing cycling related. a new rear light to replace the one that bounced off on Tuesday night on last commute of the year.

loads of books though- james may man lab , clarksons new ranty book, a new coffee maker, and lots of chocolate

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A friend gave me a spare dog trailer which she ended up with (long story) - I knew I was having it at some point this winter, but I wasn't expecting it to be decorated with tinsel and tied up with a big bow! Dog is less-than-impressed.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Part of Xmas was getting my new roadie but my brother and sister got me the heart rate monitor i wanted - a Polar FT7 :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm fascinated by those - they do coffee don't they?

How do they work?

Is the end product better than caffetiere coffee?
Much, much better than caffetiere (insipid French shite, yeuchhhhhh!).

There are two halves, which unscrew. The bottom half holds water, and above that is a small filter basket which you pack with coffee. The top half is a container for the percolated coffee. The water in the bottom half boils and the coffee is brewed by steam as it makes its way up through the coffee into the top where it condenses as espresso. It's good, strong espresso (although it lacks the "crema" of pumped espresso) and is pretty versatile as you can then mix it with varying amounts of water and/or milk to create various lattes, cappuccino, mochas, macchiatos etc.
It's fantastic with hot milk in a thermos.

Treat yourself to one, they aren't expensive, but do use a decent coffee like Lavazza red label (qualita rossa)

2011 TdeF BluRay box set.
Transformers, Dark of the Moon. DVD ( Come back Megan Fox :sad:)
Captain America DVD
Private Eye Annual 2011
Jeremy Clarksons latest book.
A nice bottle of JD, cash and few other bits 'n bobs.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Pair of sealskinz socks and a pair of power race cycling glasses. No one is going to miss me in these!!!

Pair of sealskinz socks and a pair of power race cycling glasses. No one is going to miss me in these!!!
Why do you need glasses BigMart - to keep your eyes warm? :snowball:

Yes - go for one Vernon...funnily enough (cf Cubista), I use Lavazza red as a 'staple'...sometimes it's a 'one pot day' sometimes two - this holiday has been a 'three potter. I have a Moka Sound, which plays me a little ditty (twice) in order that I don't let it overheat. Six cup is a good start, although I used to use a nine cupper as 'staple' - the handle is busted and they have stopped doing replacements. Higher strength brews are possible - to facilitate dilution with finest hot water. The beverage is unsurpassed in cleansing the tonsils from the previous day's pie pastry.:santa:

PS Spare washers are readily available for when your first one overheats thropugh forgetfulness! multitasking.

Top Bottom