So, whats the bike you always wanted but never had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I wanted the Raleigh Chopper too but my brother got that one.
Then I wanted the Raleigh Grifter but no luck there either.
Now I want an ICE Trice or a Windcheater Speedy.

Keith Oates

Janner
C50 - one day maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razor said:
Awsome bike, 3 speed sturmey archer gears and nobbly tyres!.Forerunner of bmx /mountain bike and that reminds me ,Do you remember the raleigh Bomber i think it was black and they possibly did a chromed frame version with that blue plastic stuff on it that peeled off.

Actually, and I don't mean to be harsh, the Grifter was Raleigh's piss poor interpretation of the BMX which were already very popular in the States. They were hoping to repeat the success of the Chopper which was Raleighs piss poor interpretation of Schwinn's 20" Stingrays and 'Crates'. The Bomber was their piss poor interpretation of a mountain bike. In fact a sales person in a Raleigh store once tried to convince me that the Bomber they had on display was an authentic mountain bike. And then they went and missed the beginning of the actual mountain bike boom because they were convinced that they wouldn't catch on and had to hurredly import mountain bikes from Raleigh USA when it finally dawned on them that it wasn't a short-lived fad.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I had a Raleigh bomber - I loved it, although it was rather heavy, to say the least.

Dream bikes as a kid? Mongoose BMXes, Raleigh Banana and Kelloggs Pro-Tour racers.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I had a Raleigh Chipper as a kid, and a string of no-name hacks as a yoof. now have a Merida Road 901. Would love anything by Cervelo, Pinarelo, Bianchi, Specialized etc when the money tree grows.

In 1973 or 74 I wanted a Raleigh Olympus. Red, black and yellow it was, with shorty mudguards and lots of gears. A proper racing bike.

Nowadays, I'd rather have a Look 595.

Mr Pig

The Grifter was poor. The Chopper was really heavy but it didn't matter as it was a comfy crusing bike. The Grifter was supposed to be an off road bike but it weighed a ton! Useless lump of iron.

When I was a kid I just wanted a racing bike with drop bars. Because I was a girl I always had really lame step through sit up and beg style bikes.
When i started MTBing in 1993 I was mad for a kona hahanna - the original steel konas still look beautiful today as my friend has one. as I was a student at the time I had a 100 quid second hand job which was a liability off road as the brakes didn't work too well!
I've not currently coveting anything bike-wise, but I quite fancy a new accordion. Is this wrong?

OP
OP
R

Razor

Kirstie said:
When I was a kid I just wanted a racing bike with drop bars. Because I was a girl I always had really lame step through sit up and beg style bikes.
When i started MTBing in 1993 I was mad for a kona hahanna - the original steel konas still look beautiful today as my friend has one. as I was a student at the time I had a 100 quid second hand job which was a liability off road as the brakes didn't work too well!
I've not currently coveting anything bike-wise, but I quite fancy a new accordion. Is this wrong?

Only if you play it riding your bike :
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...n&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=1

Top Bottom