So, what's your excuse...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I don't need an excuse, I'm a grown man in a free democracy and I can do what the feck I like.

i-love-it-when-my-wife-lets-me-go-cycling-t-shirts-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
I've felt a bit ...meh, under the weather this weekend, kinda cream crackered, jaded, just not on it at all.
I can't see the bike coming out this weekend ..:sad:
Well, I mythered all day...shall I just kick my rear end I to life or what ?....lost that battle so took the dog for a good walk. I soon realised I'd made the right decision, Phhhh, still just not on it this afternoon and actually felt a tiny bit giddy a couple times.
Ah well....whatever it is, it's mild so should soon pass over.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My excuse this morning was that I was asleep!

I didn't get to sleep until gone 02:00 yesterday morning and was up at 05:00 for my annual 200 km Cheshire forum ride. It all finally caught up with me when I eventually got home so I turned off my alarm and let my body tell me how much recovery sleep that I needed. Answer: about 11 hours! The last time I slept for that long was when I was just out of hospital and still very ill. I normally get about 5-6 hours a night.

My excuse this afternoon is that I am still stiff and sore from my longest ever singlespeed ride and need the rest more than I need the exercise! My thoughts will turn back to ride-planning this evening. For now, I will stick to checking out what you lot have been up to, listening to some soothing music, and finishing off a cryptic crossword.[/QUOTE
Do you ever ride a proper bike? ( I mean one with gears )

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you ever ride a proper bike? ( I mean one with gears )
You have chopped the closing square bracket off your quote so it put your reply inside instead of outside!

Most of my rides are on multi-geared bikes. I just do flat/flattish rides on the singlespeed. I couldn't tackle many of the hills round here without low gears.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
In the middle of another eldercare crisis. (Thought those days were gone, but up pops my wife's uncle). Desperate to get out on the bike again, but not sure when I will be able to.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sunday was a post FNRttC lie in, as I force myself to stay awake after the ride u til a normal bedtime on Sat night. Then we went to Church (normally go Sunday night) and then it was house clearing at late m-i-l's

Top Bottom