So, what's your excuse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Watch it, Colin! If you've not been there, you don't have any idea!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Cathryn said:
Watch it, Colin! If you've not been there, you don't have any idea!

well i've been off with man-flu, even had to drive in to work on friday. back on the bike monday though, and i've just fitted some shiny new look delta cleats and a new front light.

Keith Oates

Janner
Just lazy and getting ready to go back to Vietnam and starting work again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However I've changed my mind and will go out for a quick spin now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cathryn said:
I went out (tough, me) and did 20 miles round Leeds. ARCTIC. I was fine whilst there were hills around but the last 5 miles were all downhill and I FROZE. Stumbled through the door shaking and the husband had to take off my gloves and warm the blocks of ice at the end of my hands on his nice warm chest, before wrapping me in a duvet and feeding me hot tea. I was seriously cold and went quite dizzy from the pain of returning to normal temperature!! I think I need new gloves and socks because I can't bear that pain again.

Having said that...AWESOME ride and I feel fabulous!!

i did this the other day (but had no one to warm me up) and a thought occurred to me while i was desperately trying to get the key in the door (shivering too much to get it in the hole) and then trying to turn it (had gone past the "fingers so cold i can't feel them" stage into the "fingers so cold they are downright painful and going black" stage and it occured to me that with my mum and dad away, one sister not speaking to me, the other at work, and brother at work (therefore no one to come and rescue me) and most of my mates back at work also, what the hell would i have done if i had had a visit from the P******* Fairy coz i know damn well i would never have managed to mend it on the side of the road

buggi

Bird Saviour
I find a 2 hour bath, big toe controlling the hot water tap, does wonders for warming you up after a cold ride ;)

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
buggi said:
I find a 2 hour bath, big toe controlling the hot water tap, does wonders for warming you up after a cold ride ;)

Especially if the big toe isn't yours. ;)

pw2389

Way too cold for me to be cycling. I don't have any cold weather gear and I'm too mean to buy any! So, I probably won't be back on the bike until towards the end of March.

bonk man

There were 8 of us on the club ride today, it is usual to have only 5 on a warm day:biggrin: we Malverners are either tough and hard core or just stupid:tongue:.....it was so cold that the thermometer in the shed had bottomed out, -5 or below.

Radius

SHREDDER
I went out today for a very very short ride. Practised some sprinting just around where my house is...got some funny looks from the people wandering round the fairly suburban streets whilst I was on the drops out the saddle speeding away from / towards nothing :smile:

Top Bottom