So, what's your excuse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Willow said:
DS2 new wii game arrived so he's stuck on that and DS1 at friends

I'm always flummoxed by all this Mumsnet type nomentclature. I assume that DS1 is "Dear son number one" and I've twigged that DH is "Dear Husband" but what of:-

DP
NS
CS?

Do they really mean what I think they do? ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
Willow said:
Excuses excuses loads of them

Both boys had football matches this morning - one cancelled en route due to hard ground, the other practised in the end for same reason. Ground was so hard you could hear the boots clomping along.

En route to football realised how icy the roads were in patches here, whilst I might be ok on that not sure about boys

Cold -4 though to be honest in the sunshine it felt quite nice whilst I was watching the football

DS2 new wii game arrived so he's stuck on that and DS1 at friends

Finally I had a call to say someone wants to view the house so have whizzed round making sure everything tidily away, looks like a dream home and garden looks beautiful covered in frost with willow bathed in sunshine.

oh not finally I'm about to do my on line shop.

I actually am hoping that the roads won't be icy and DS2 can cycle to school this week which will mean I can bike it to work. Lots of people on their bikes in this part of the world though. Can someone tell me why road bikes look prettier than hybrids. The hybrids seem to be such boring colours I fall in love with a different road bike every day as the zoom past the house todays was a nice blue and white number. Can tell I'm a girl just interest in the colours not the technical stuff.

Sounds like a selling point to me. ;):biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
;):bicycle:Changed the bed.And did the ironing.But we the gang are out on Thursday.Looking forward to it.Due to illness in the housr not been out for six weeks.Put a bit of weight on.So have been browsing on here for bicycles.Want one this spring.

yello

It's minus 2 or 3 out there and there's an east wind of 20kph that'd freeze your piss mid stream. We've just walked the dogs, that'll be my exercise for the day. Time for a glass of red by the fire methinks.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I went out (tough, me) and did 20 miles round Leeds. ARCTIC. I was fine whilst there were hills around but the last 5 miles were all downhill and I FROZE. Stumbled through the door shaking and the husband had to take off my gloves and warm the blocks of ice at the end of my hands on his nice warm chest, before wrapping me in a duvet and feeding me hot tea. I was seriously cold and went quite dizzy from the pain of returning to normal temperature!! I think I need new gloves and socks because I can't bear that pain again.

Having said that...AWESOME ride and I feel fabulous!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been working on my new weight loss/fitness blog (= I didn't fancy the cold ;)) so that's my excuse! I've just posted that I'm going to do an exercise bike session, so now I have to go and do an exercise bike session - byee!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've been out you lazy lot - 2c, roads nice and dry, no death attempts today - up in the local hills for an hour (Glossop, Charlesworth, Marple Bridge, Compstall) - bike pretty clean on return, but covered in salt - so washed off...

Some stretches of thick ice at the sides of the roads, where water has run off the fields.... the twigs on the bushes were about 2 inches thick in ice - very surreal where the cars had splashed up, and the water frozen.....wasn't stopping for anyone to take a picture....

Full windproof thermal tights and top on - warm and toastie ! No other bikers out though.......

gavintc

Guru
Well 50 miles on club run today. Bloody freezing and seemed really hard - legs of lead and a steadily climbing HR warned me that something just was not right. I got dropped at the 25 mile point, so I was a little bit pissed off. It seems that my festive training regime of alcohol, food and late nights was not the best preparation for a 3 Jan club run.

D

Deleted member 1258

Was out yesterday, did forty six very cold miles, took several hours to warm back up afterwards. I am taking today as a rest day. Will be out tomorrow if its not to cold. Temp half seven this morn minus five, if its like that tomorrow I won't be going anywhere.

Got the flu (proper flu - temperature and everything) on Christmas Day, gave it to wife and kid, broke up with wife on New Year's Eve, got back together with her on New Year's Day, now I've got a poxy ear infection and I'm rocking backwards and forwards in front of the computer waiting for the semi-legal Russian analgesics to kick in.

My worst Christmas ever.

Top Bottom