so which helmet wont make me look like a mushroom...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

soulful dog

Veteran
It's good to know I'm not the only person who has this problem :laugh:

However, I occasionally have to wear a hard hat at work, and I look stupid wearing that too..... so there's probably no hope for me!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's good to know I'm not the only person who has this problem :laugh:

However, I occasionally have to wear a hard hat at work, and I look stupid wearing that too..... so there's probably no hope for me!

You could always take the DIY route and fabricate your headwear to a custom level of safety......

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-iP1jSMlI[/media]

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
HE84SI.jpg

Met Forte, tits nice and close, doesn't look like a mushroom. Comes in different colours, not just white.
It's the one I use, and I love it. Most comfortable one I found at the time I was looking.

Hmm... debatable... looks a bit like chopped mushrooms...
smile.gif

6246104-close-up-of-chopped-mushrooms.jpg

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
God I hate the way I look in ALL helmets

I even have a Team issue HTC one that I cant bring myself to wear

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Met Forte, tits nice and close, doesn't look like a mushroom. Comes in different colours, not just white.
It's the one I use, and I love it. Most comfortable one I found at the time I was looking.

Fnaar - I'm disappointed in you. How could you have missed that massive freudian slip in ramses post?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 41
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 46
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 44

Luv Handles

Well are you looking for a racing helmet, or leisure helmet? Fitting helemts to faces is a bit of a science and if you are open to an alternative style fo cyclign helmet, then BERN make a great range. Check them out. If your all about LYCRA though, it will be hard to swdae you to wear one of these.

Makemore

I think they all look crap,i was in asda the other day and got one for 3quid and was suprised it was better looking than my more expensive one ,the only reason i got another one was because my old one was so big it used to obscure my eyes

Teletext - did you get a new helmet yet? Only I rode with a guy the other day who had a Lazer Helium, which was in black and it may have been partly due to the rest of his outfit and perhaps his shape too but I thought it looked really pretty good. And a darn good job of being un-mushroom like. I was impressed by it.

Rebel Ian

I tried a Specialized helmet on the other day which is the only one I've ever found fit my head that doesn't make me look silly but IIRC it was £179! For that price, I'd rather look silly.

asterix

Comrade Member
Recently tried a £150 helmet. Paying that much simply isn't worth it IMO. Comfort is the most important feature for me, some models fit, others don't.

Top Bottom