so which helmet wont make me look like a mushroom...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teletext45

I'm like a few people with a long narrow face, the helmet i currently use is a uvex boss race, its a resonable helmet but really makes my head look like a mushroom.

After watching the road races on television i'm yet to se a cyclist whos helmet looks the way mine does, has anyone got any sugestions of helmets which may be more suitable for a smaller head??

andrew

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are a professional rider with serious sponsorship money to worry about, there will be people to advise you about a comprehensive head replacement. The rest of us look pretty silly anyway. Who cares?

Edit: spelling :rolleyes:

danphoto

When you're 20, you worry what people think about the way you look.

When you're 40, you don't care what they think.

When you're 60, you realise that nobody ever gave a rat's ...

Andrew, The only one I've liked is the Giro Atmos - I spent more to find one I liked look of and the fit so that I may actually wear it (am not a big helmet fan). Though that said...I've a big head. Go into a shop and try a few on.....?

Jezston

Über Member
The more you pay, the smaller they get whilst still meeting the standards.

I have a cheap Giro helmet, and it is a bit mushroomy. But I'm not paying £170 to get one that's slightly neater looking.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Why not simply accept and embrace mushroominess, and go for one of these?
smile.gif

(btw, googling for helmet+mushroom might bring some 'interesting' results)

1-upsuper-mushroom-Bike-Helmet.jpg

Jezston

Über Member
Someone please tell me I wasn't the only person who started hearing the Mario Kart 'gold star' music and Toad shouting "woohoo!" when I saw that?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Don't worry about looking like a mushroom
just worry how pitiful your going to look being spoon fed by a nurse/wife after having brain damage

ramses

HE84SI.jpg

Met Forte, tits nice and close, doesn't look like a mushroom. Comes in different colours, not just white.
It's the one I use, and I love it. Most comfortable one I found at the time I was looking.

Top Bottom