so which helmet wont make me look like a mushroom...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Andrew, The only one I've liked is the Giro Atmos - I spent more to find one I liked look of and the fit so that I may actually wear it (am not a big helmet fan). Though that said...I've a big head. Go into a shop and try a few on.....?

+1 i have this helmet and i have a long face. i was inbetween sizes and went for larger one as it sat further down my head and looked better. Also, i noticed when trying on helmets that colour can make a difference. When i had the one before (which was also a giro but not an atmos) the red was the best, black looked bigger and white just looked like a dome, but all the same style.

HE84SI.jpg

Met Forte, tits nice and close, doesn't look like a mushroom. Comes in different colours, not just white.
It's the one I use, and I love it. Most comfortable one I found at the time I was looking.
this one looks like nice but may not make your tits look nice and close, you'll need a good bra for that.

most staff in an LBS will be happy for you to try out different ones, they will fully understand the need to look good on a bike!

buggi

Bird Saviour
ps, going to for the larger size also means i can comfortably wear a thermal skull cap underneath it in the winter.

chewy

According to "the wife", I look daft.

Nothing to do with having a helmet or not (or being anywhere near my bike for that matter!). I then make the usual joke about her liking my helmet....... Etcetc :$ ;-)

For the record I have a Bell venture too. Don't know how it looks as have no mirror on the bike! :-D

ramses

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Just come back to this thread and saw my bad typing "tits nice and close" Ha ha ha ha!
blush.gif

Just for the record it "fits" nice and close.

But I'm always happy for tits nice and close! :tongue:

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 48
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 53
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 59

Bicycle

I'd never even thought what I looked like in my cycle helmet...

I looked today and noticed that I resemble a mushroom...

Too late to change now...

I've been wearing that helmet on and off for well over a decade.

:sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
HE84SI.jpg

Met Forte, tits nice and close, doesn't look like a mushroom. Comes in different colours, not just white.
It's the one I use, and I love it. Most comfortable one I found at the time I was looking.
Funny thing is, i have the Met Stradivarius, very similar. My face is longish and slim...and sometimes i think i look like a mushroom, but i got one slightly bigger than neccessary for the same reason a Kirstie, getting something under it in the winter.
Bloody thing cost me a fortune...its a sod when you look at everything in the shop, and only feel remotely happy with the most expensive in there :sad:

frank9755

Cyclist
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Just come back to this thread and saw my bad typing "tits nice and close" Ha ha ha ha!
blush.gif

Just for the record it "fits" nice and close.

But I'm always happy for tits nice and close! :tongue:

Because of you, I expect all the shops will have sold out of them now!

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 48
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 54
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 64
Top Bottom