So who has actually got a Triban 3 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another happy owner here. Changed wheels, tyres, chain & cassette recently after 14months/4000 miles - not a reflection on the quality of the components, more to do with the punishment I've given in all year and all weather riding.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was in Decathlon today drooling over one for my 9yr old son. He was mad keen also :whistle: (No, really!).

They didn't have a 3 set up on display (they must be selling like hot cakes after the Cycle Active review?) but did have the 5 in a 51cm which he was reasonably comfortable on once the saddle/seatpost was removed due to the water bottle bolts not letting the long seatpost all the way down. He was whizzing round the store like a pro and I had to prise him off it.Apparently, according to the website the 3 comes in a 43, 45 and 48cm frame so even if the 51 was a bit too big for hime the next size down would defo do. I like the fact that the 51(and presumeably the smaller sizes) come with 650c wheels.

I can see my wallet will be opening for one of these soon, much to my wifes disaproval. It's funny, and maybe very clever, of Decathlon to shamelessly put up notices claiming the 'win' in the Cycle Active test against bikes costing up to £900.

subaqua

What’s the point
Was in Decathlon today drooling over one for my 9yr old son. He was mad keen also :whistle: (No, really!).

They didn't have a 3 set up on display (they must be selling like hot cakes after the Cycle Active review?) but did have the 5 in a 51cm which he was reasonably comfortable on once the saddle/seatpost was removed due to the water bottle bolts not letting the long seatpost all the way down. He was whizzing round the store like a pro and I had to prise him off it.Apparently, according to the website the 3 comes in a 43, 45 and 48cm frame so even if the 51 was a bit too big for hime the next size down would defo do. I like the fact that the 51(and presumeably the smaller sizes) come with 650c wheels.

I can see my wallet will be opening for one of these soon, much to my wifes disaproval. It's funny, and maybe very clever, of Decathlon to shamelessly put up notices claiming the 'win' in the Cycle Active test against bikes costing up to £900.
thats what swung getting the rockrider for me 2 years ago, the review from one of the bike magazines giving it class winner in sub £500 . I think the words used were £1k of bike for less than half that.

was only a matter of months till i got the roadbike from decathlon

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
thats what swung getting the rockrider for me 2 years ago, the review from one of the bike magazines giving it class winner in sub £500 . I think the words used were £1k of bike for less than half that.

was only a matter of months till i got the roadbike from decathlon

Which rock rider did you get? I was considering getting a Giant Defy 2 but the thought of getting a triban 3 and a b-twin MTB for the same money is very appealing. At least it would be if I had the money :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Giant Defy 2 is a way better bike. I think the Triban is great,but it's not the finished article!
But! Google suggests that bike is at least twice the price?

subaqua

What’s the point
Which rock rider did you get? I was considering getting a Giant Defy 2 but the thought of getting a triban 3 and a b-twin MTB for the same money is very appealing. At least it would be if I had the money :smile:

rockrider 8.1 the new model has slightly different rims and brakes and IMHO is just a little bit better spec wise but colour wise not as nice. would still have one as a replacement if mine was stolen

subaqua

What’s the point

Globalti

Legendary Member
We've got a Triban 3 for Gti Junior, excellent little bike; he's going to ride it from Carlisle to South Shields starting tomorrow.

defy-one

But! Google suggests that bike is at least twice the price?

Yes of course it is. Just trying to point out the Triban 3 IS GREAT FOR IT's PRICE POINT,but please don't think it's the best bike out there.
Owning the Defy 1 and the Triban 3 - I can still say they are great bikes and I ride them both with pleasure, but you really do get what you pay for.

I got one in February - only thing I have changed is the saddle - got a Charge Spoon. I go out on it every weekend and have to say I'm happy with it.

Wouldn't claim it's the best bike in the world, if money wasn't an issue I may have bought something else.

Mind you, I do like its bright red colour, makes me go faster.

Top Bottom