So who has actually got a Triban 3 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I have one - decent bike for the money. New saddle and pedals are the only upgrades required

I actually switched the stock saddle for my Charge Spoon and then switched back because the stock one is a bit comfier! :eek:

defy-one

I actually switched the stock saddle for my Charge Spoon and then switched back because the stock one is a bit comfier! :eek:

Your just weird!!!! :joking :-)

D

Deleted member 20519

Must be your ass!

I rode over 220 miles in one weekend in June on my Spoon and while a lot of me was sore, my ass wasn't.

Despite riding with the spoon for a few months, it's still as hard as a rock.

D

Deleted member 20519

+1. I bought a Spoon back in April because everyone raved about them and while it is a small improvement over what I had before, it's nowhere near as comfy as I was hoping.

I'm actually thinking of sticking mine on here for sale.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Cyclechat is a seemingly inexhaustible supply of Charge Spoon saddles, I've had three in the last month!

Globalti

Legendary Member
By all means buy a Triban bike but don't buy Decathlon's crap water bottle holder - it's too big and doesn't grip the bottle. Yesterday's C2C ride ended in disaster after only 12 miles when Gti Junior's bottle jumped out on a fast descending corner on a wet road under trees, causing him to lose concentration and crash. Ambulance ride - hospital - one broken cheekbone.

Matt1705

Über Member
Mildly disappointed I didn't get a triban 3, got a second hand claud Butler roubaix off ebay instead.

Quite pleased with the new bike but only been out on it once really and I think the main reason for the disappointment is not owning a brand new bike...

Edwards80

Über Member
By all means buy a Triban bike but don't buy Decathlon's crap water bottle holder - it's too big and doesn't grip the bottle. Yesterday's C2C ride ended in disaster after only 12 miles when Gti Junior's bottle jumped out on a fast descending corner on a wet road under trees, causing him to lose concentration and crash. Ambulance ride - hospital - one broken cheekbone.

Sorry to hear that :sad: Hope he recovers quickly!

I had the same issue, bought them for me and the Mrs. My bottle flew out whilst I was going just shy 30mph on a club run, was dreading hearing someone go down because of it behind me but fortunately everyone missed it , I tried using a heat gun to bend it but it made little difference.

Definitely one to avoid.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ouch, very nasty. Hope he gets well soon as is not permanently scarred (or put off cycling either) must have been quite a trauma for all.
Thanks for the warning, my 12 y/o has the same on his Triban IIRC.

Otherwise as others have stated, the bike is great, and making them in small sizes with 650c wheels is brilliant as it's allowed him to get going on a road bike with his mates as he's a tad short for his age. Had to cut the seatpost to get it fully down though. Having said that he's growing at such a rate now I'm putting it up weekly!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've just washed the bike down and adjusted and inspected it; apart from tree bark jammed between the tyre and the wheel rim the only permanent damage is that pretzled front wheel. Phoned Decathlon in Stockport who tell me they sell replacement wheels for £24.99! Eeek! No wonder it bent so easily....!

Top Bottom