So will F1 change under new ownership

Change yes or no

• YES

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • NO

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Last year was the first season since 1989 that I did not watch a single GP. I used to be obsessive and never missed a race and read all the books and watched all the documentaries. Couldn't get enough info.

In recent years my interest has waned to the extent that I found races boring and just can't be bothered watching. I find not watching frees up Sunday afternoons for more interesting activities.

I could name every world champ since 1950 except I genuinely don't know about the past few seasons as my interest went AWOL. I remember races from the 1990s in graphic detail but can't anything at all about recent seasons as I usually got too bored to take it in.

My love affair with F1 has ended and I no longer care. It's not a sport any more.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It will certainly change. The new head Carey has already said as much. Ecclestone has run it for far too long and a new perspective will do the sport good.

I lost interest when the driver aids came in and races became ruled by pit stops, or by a driver putting his knee over a hole to change the aerodynamics. Motor racing was supposed to be about drivers competing with each other through skill, not defined by how much gets done when they're stood still.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I used to be a massive fan of F1, and have been to races in Monaco and the UK of course. I used to talk of nothing else. Now, I don't bother sadly. I like to be a fan again.

mooseracer

Guru
Hopefully it will change for the better as I've found my interest waning over the last few seasons. Ross Brawn is certainly a good choice, how much he'll be able to push through remains to be seen though.

With teams locked in to contracts until 2020, unless they all agree to changes it certainly won't be happening overnight though,

I lost interest when the driver aids came in and races became ruled by pit stops, or by a driver putting his knee over a hole to change the aerodynamics. Motor racing was supposed to be about drivers competing with each other through skill, not defined by how much gets done when they're stood still.

F1 has never been about drivers competing. F1 has always been an engineering/manufacturers sport, prize money is still only awarded for construction results, not driver tables.

The driver championship is a stroke of marketing genius, to give punters somebody to cheer on, and some drama to discuss. But underneath, it is still all about the constructors.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I use to watch from the mid 90's onwards but not taken any interest for the last 10 years mainly because it became more of a parade rather than race's.

TVC

Unless there is a way to make the racing just simply racing then it is doomed to decline. Like many I have given up on F1, however I thoroughly enjoy touring car racing - nose to tail stuff, leaning on each other, wheels on the mud. It's not about big money, and the cutting edge of technology that makes good motorsport, it's drivers getting stuck in with cars that can take a bit of abuse.

Glenn

Veteran
Some thoughts;
No driving aids or DRS
Limit the amount of downforce generated
No pit to car/car to pit telemetry, just the pitboards
Manual direct linkage gearbox without hydraulic assistance
Limit the amount of energy used per lap based on a lap where they test the most, Barcelona
Free choice on how the cars are powered
More power than grip

D

Deleted member 26715

Some thoughts;
No driving aids or DRS
Limit the amount of downforce generated
No pit to car/car to pit telemetry, just the pitboards
Manual direct linkage gearbox without hydraulic assistance
Limit the amount of energy used per lap based on a lap where they test the most, Barcelona
Free choice on how the cars are powered
More power than grip
Okay but that is not F1 that is just racing, F1 should be the pinnacle of the sport, if anything it should go the other way, more automation, active suspension, active ground force, driverless cars?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Okay but that is not F1 that is just racing, F1 should be the pinnacle of the sport, if anything it should go the other way, more automation, active suspension, active ground force, driverless cars?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Top Bottom