Soapbox - Open it up and moderate it?

Soapbox changes

• Make Soapbox unmoderated and "open" (as it originally was)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Make Soapbox unmoderated and an "opt-in" forum (as it is now)

• Make Soapbox moderated and open

• Close Soapbox

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well 45% of the vote is to implement the current scheme. So far i'd say it works. All the regulars have opted in, the one's who never joined in have presumably left it at default out, I've currently got it off, though I was in this morning to debate LL's joke thread from yesterday and just sort a few things out in my head - perfect.

Keith Oates

Janner
I consider that the way it has now been arranged is the route to follow, that way people who are offended by some or all of the content can give it a miss. I also think that the regular posters know what can be in there and will automatically go in or out as is their want, but making it default out will prevent causual 'lurkers' and potential new members being put off by the heated arguements (they are not debates IMO) that sometimes occur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've now modified the "note on the door" of Soapbox to include a direct link to the opt-in page. Should be a piece of cake to opt-in now. ;)

On reflection I could have rolled it out better than I did, but hopefully now that the opt-in link is easy to find it should be a doddle for anyone to join in!

Cheers,
Shaun

Admin said:
On reflection I could have rolled it out better than I did, but hopefully now that the opt-in link is easy to find it should be a doddle for anyone to join in!

Possibly Shaun but then again the whole thing seems to have shocked a few people in Soapbox into realising their behaviour was under scrutiny. I noted a marked difference in a few peoples postings today, though some are beyond saving.

All in all I think this was a good move.

col

Legendary Member
I would leave it as it was,couldnt see a problem,other than the odd one who couldnt post without swearing,but that just makes it well soapbox doesnt it?

col said:
I would leave it as it was,couldnt see a problem,other than the odd one who couldnt post without swearing, but that just makes it well soapbox doesnt it?

Is there a prize if I guess who you mean?

col said:

Didn't think so :wacko:

Look at his posts today - no swearing.

jonesy

Guru
Crackle said:
Possibly Shaun but then again the whole thing seems to have shocked a few people in Soapbox into realising their behaviour was under scrutiny. I noted a marked difference in a few peoples postings today, though some are beyond saving.

All in all I think this was a good move.

Tut tut, Crackle, you popped into Soapox with every intention of getting into a fight with theclaud! It is a bit much that some of the most vocal critics of Soapbox are not averse to joining in personal bickering themselves...

mjones said:
Tut tut, Crackle, you popped into Soapox with every intention of getting into a fight with theclaud! It is a bit much that some of the most vocal critics of Soapbox are not averse to joining in personal bickering themselves...

:wacko: not quite but there was that possibility and the topic was unfinished from Cafe. I haven't been in since and I quite like the fact that I can tune it out. Can you deny that there has been a difference in posters recently? Whether it lasts is another thing.

Also I wouldn't describe myself as a critic though I have been critical and it was because I felt that Soapbox was overshadowing other parts of CC. I know not everyone agrees, as the poll shows but if everyone had voted to go back to the previous arrangement I would've abided by that, though to be honest I would've began reporting and complaining about a lot more posts because personally I'd had enough. I don't believe I've been hypocritical about this.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have to say, I find it odd that people devote so much time to criticising things they say they have no intention of being part of.

buggi

Bird Saviour
you can't get rid of soapbox. human nature is to fight and if you do that all the fiesty people will come to the cafe ;)

leave it open, unmoderated but with the opt in version so people know what they are getting themselves into.

anyone who starts fighting outside soapbox should be severly punished ...

Top Bottom