soapbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
walker

walker

thicko, it says so at the top, walker your really thick

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I get that. I thought I had been in there, but wasn't sure. Thought I might need to have been a member for longer. Obviously not ! :smile:

There is an "anouncement" thread at the top of the Soapbox
page, which I can't access either.

Rapples

Guru
rich p said:
What does, "your user account may not have sufficient privileges" mean FFS?

I assumed that it was because I had insuffient posts but you have over 1000 so that can't be it.

Strange things are happening:wacko::smile:

Confused of Sandy

ChrisKH

Guru
I very nearly posted the same as Walker and then realised there was a global post at the top about Soapbox. Not that I want to go back there. I was having a bad day yesterday and it showed. :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
You just need to join the soapbox group. It's nothing to do with post numbers, just a simple 'opt-in'.

Click here and click the box to join.
Or do what Crackle says.

Go into My Account, Group Memberships - you can sign up to the board there ............... and out of it as well.

Maz

Guru
Own up. Someone's leaked the name of the 'Blackmailed Royal', haven't they?

Clive Atton

Über Member
I've been posting on Soapbox for a year or so, but this morning this came up:

Clive Atton, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am logged in, I haven't changed any browser settings so this must be something to do with the Administrator. Perhaps my humble opionions are deemed too provocative for a 'Free Speech' Forum? This could be a sad day for democracy, liberty etc.........

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I was caught out by this last night!:rolleyes:

When I tried to have a look in Soapbox, all it allowed me to see were the 3 soapbox threads that I had posted, which had in their time become if not outright bunfights, a bit leary.

Securing Soapbox from the prying eyes of the uninitiated and of perousing non members is a positive move by Shaun.
For all it's raw humour and jaw dropping rants it is not a pretty sight when in full flight and this new 'padded cell' rather suits it!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Clive Atton said:
This could be a sad day for democracy, liberty etc.........

I'd rather see it as a sad day for the people who feel the need to be needlessly and repeatedly abusive and offensive. Alas, they'll just opt in.

Frankly, I'd get rid of soapbox and delete anyone who started soapbox type tactics in any other section, but it's not my forum, it's Shaun's and all he's done is follow up a request form some people who felt they needed to have help to ignore Soapbox - why they can't just not click on it, I don't know...

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
why they can't just not click on it, I don't know...
Nor me. By their demands to have Soapbox set up like this they have risked making it worse. A self fulfilling prophesy. The new arrangement has given free rein to those who believes 'anything goes' in Soapbox.

I would rather we gave completely the opposite impression: That a 'society' is fostered by the actions of its members, not by rules and constraints.

Top Bottom