Social distanced trains and cycle carriage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Has anyone any experience of train travel under the latest restrictions which have trains mostly carrying air from place to place .... but ... with loads of room for bikes .....

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes. It hasn't been an issue.

This is between Northallerton and Newcastle, and on the Metro.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In Scotland, public transport is still reserved for essential workers and timetables are reduced. Quite drastically in some areas. Taking a bike on a train might bring attention to yourself unless you are traveling to/from work.

sotkayak

Veteran
Is one allowed to travel on a train WITH a bicycle for the purpose of exercise yet ? And if that not allowed , would one be permitted to take a train home if too fatigued during exercise ? Eg I cycle from Canterbury to Whitstable ,then along the coast to Ramsgate . Do I have to make the entire cicular journey or could I hop on a train with my bike and be legal,following the rules ?

Is one allowed to travel on a train WITH a bicycle for the purpose of exercise yet ? And if that not allowed , would one be permitted to take a train home if too fatigued during exercise ? Eg I cycle from Canterbury to Whitstable ,then along the coast to Ramsgate . Do I have to make the entire cicular journey or could I hop on a train with my bike and be legal,following the rules ?
yes you could. And can. Yes to both questions.
If in doubt ask cummings.
I have been using trains in london ever since that ** and his pal's pronouncements.
Off peak, face covering (I used even when not mandatory), touch nothing, keep your distance.
Plenty of room at the moment. If there isn't, don't get on or get off.

On a recent train assisted wander round essex I got nattering to two coppers sat on a church path for a picnic (very odd - had passed them on a path earlier in the day and before that they had noticed me riding around though I hadn't seen them) - they conversationally asked me where I'd come from, I said south london partly by train, that after cummings I had thought sod it and gone out taking precautions. Their expressions acknowledged my views, I wasn't marched off, nor fined.

Yours faithfully - a little person.

Take care, respect others' space.

Top Bottom