Social kissing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I find a swift forward motion of the forehead into the bridge of the nose most effective.

TVC

[QUOTE 3789738, member: 259"]If you ever work somewhere with lots of French people working, you soon get bored of having to shake everyone's hand on arrival at work, every single bloody day of the week. But they sometimes bring croissants on their birthdays :hungry:[/QUOTE]
The Poles at work do the same, but without the pastries.

[QUOTE 3789738, member: 259"]If you ever work somewhere with lots of French people working, you soon get bored of having to shake everyone's hand on arrival at work, every single bloody day of the week. But they sometimes bring croissants on their birthdays :hungry:[/QUOTE]
Oh yes. It's refreshing at first and then it wears off. Still, if you ever need to find a colleague and they're not at their desk, they'll be by the coffee machine smoking or keeping the smokers company.

Blue

Legendary Member
I spend a lot of time in Cyprus and it's the norm there. I'm just about used to the 2 blokes thing - it's the women who go for the lips that I don't understand!

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
When I first met Hover fly's ex-wife I found it a bit disconcerting, especially after Hover had told me the reason for them splitting up, ("...she would crawl over me to get to you...") however when I understood it means nothing more than friendship and acceptance I realized it is a better way of greeting than some I saw and heard in my past. But once only, right cheeks, no noise and definitely no lip contact.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Social kissing is just plain wrong in all its forms, I don't like hugging much either, and I'm not too keen on hand shaking.
It's my body, my space, so go away!

In no way am I socially retarded:laugh:
Me neither but I have Aspergers and strangers touching me in an over familiar manner, makes me really anxious.
I once had a woman, who had never met me (and knew I had AS) , and who claimed to work with people with disabilities, grab me and bear hug me.
The witch almost landed in the bloody canal!!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The Italians just bring in Grappa.
It's ok in coffee but if they toast first thing xx(

Top Bottom