Social media - talking to yourself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Who said that? :unsure:

winjim

Smash the cistern
391AA19600000578-3822249-image-a-42_1475615277504.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Funny winjim.

Can't help but wonder how you came across that.

On the other floating issue upthread of folk being ignored, I never as a matter of principle ignore anyone on here - prefer to see folk and the world as it/they are.

I did once get a PM from someone asking if I had them on ignore as I wasn't responding to their posts on a subject on which they felt qualified.

I had seen them but was just applying my "real world" practice - folk I see from past experience as poisonous/game playing I just ignore comments from/walk away from/get on with life without.

But technically ignoring/living in a bubble not a good idea I think.

Similar thinking - never bought the sun/mail but often picked up on the tube to scan.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Funny winjim.

Can't help but wonder how you came across that.

On the other floating issue upthread of folk being ignored, I never as a matter of principle ignore anyone on here - prefer to see folk and the world as it/they are.

I did once get a PM from someone asking if I had them on ignore as I wasn't responding to their posts on a subject on which they felt qualified.

I had seen them but was just applying my "real world" practice - folk I see from past experience as poisonous/game playing I just ignore comments from/walk away from/get on with life without.

But technically ignoring/living in a bubble not a good idea I think.

Similar thinking - never bought the sun/mail but often picked up on the tube to scan.
I think it was originally in some funny reviews listicle or something. Maybe a parenting forum, I can't really remember.

When it comes to talking to oneself, there are loads of times I think I've posted something ever so witty and insightful but it gets no response whatsoever. There are also times when I've meant to respond to someone but by the time I've thought of something to say and got round to posting, the conversation's moved on so much that there's very little point. That's the nature of online discussions I guess, they can be very slow or ridiculously fast depending on circumstances. Sometimes I'll try to get in quickly to make a point and soon realise that I haven't really thought it through.

Mostly it's just inane banter on a cycling forum though, so I don't worry about it too much.

Top Bottom