Social Media - where do our responsibilities end?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Once again. There is no lynch mob. Nobody is getting lynched. Do you know what lynched means?
It's an expression, used in modern society to describe the retribution of a mob or mass, usually unethically and sometimes illegally.

Nobody is suggesting people are heading out to the guys house carrying a noose.

Whistle blowers don't carry whistles and witch hunts don't catch witches...I'm sure there are a few dozen more such expressions but you get my point.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Boycotting a cafe is a pretty mild retribution.
True, I thought you were referring to the tone of the thread and the general lynch mob attitude that it generated, not a specific suggestion to abstain from an all day special.

Agreed and apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick

Although I take the point that some people won't want to support this guys lifestyle so would like to know where his greasy spoon is.

martint235

Dog on a bike
True, I thought you were referring to the tone of the thread and the general lynch mob attitude that it generated, not a specific suggestion to abstain from an all day special.

Agreed and apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick

Although I take the point that some people won't want to support this guys lifestyle so would like to know where his greasy spoon is.
He's got 3 of them (I think, may be 4) and they aren't exactly at the greasy spoon end of the chain either. They are called Brew (show up on Twitter and FB as Brew Cafe)
Edit: there are 4.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
He's got 3 of them (I think, may be 4) and they aren't exactly at the greasy spoon end of the chain either. They are called Brew (show up on Twitter and FB as Brew Cafe)
Edit: there are 4.
They look good, shame.

Wait, could all this be part of some cunning guerrilla marketing campaign.

Local winkle poster resorts to hulkonian rage to viralise his growing sarny empire. I can see the movie poster now..."In battersea they can't hear you scream (abuse)"

I claim the film credits.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's an expression, used in modern society to describe the retribution of a mob or mass, usually unethically and sometimes illegally.

Nobody is suggesting people are heading out to the guys house carrying a noose.

Whistle blowers don't carry whistles and witch hunts don't catch witches...I'm sure there are a few dozen more such expressions but you get my point.
What about Pendle then? http://www.pendlewitches.co.uk/

martint235

Dog on a bike
Being from Pendle, we didn't hunt any witches. We didn't hang them (Lancaster did that). And they all had a fair trial, you'll find that most of them were condemned on the evidence of a supergrass. We didn't even use the ducking stool

Top Bottom