Social Media - where do our responsibilities end?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
He made a deliberate choice. Cars hold me up every day but I don't knock their wing mirrors off in retaliation.

Good to see you're more patient.

I'm more forgiving.

He was trying to squeeze past, made a mistake with his driving that day. Into is different!!!

If you watch the clip and read the story you can see the rider was hit by the wing mirror, that's why it's bent back when Wells exist the car. Wells was driving deliberately. He chose to carry out a stupid overtake exactly where he was not supposed to, on a mini rb, and Wells collided with the rider.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
If you watch the clip and read the story you can see the rider was hit by the wing mirror, that's why it's bent back when Wells exist the car. Wells was driving deliberately. He chose to carry out a stupid overtake exactly where he was not supposed to, on a mini rb, and Wells collided with the rider.

You can't see that. Wells says 'you hit my car'. I personally think the cyclist hit the mirror in anger. That's why Wells stopped.
But yes, he was far too close on the RB. Far too close full stop.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yeah, we all make them. He was frustrated and wanted past. He made the mistake of trying to squeeze past a cyclist.
Hell's cats.

Why is driving the only sphere of our lives where this "logic" applies?

"Oh, I got a bit cross, so I did something that could easily have killed you, and very probably scared the living sh*t out of you."

I'm afraid that I find this diminuition of bad behaviour, in an arena where it poses significant risk to others, very frustrating. Even the terminology seems wrong "squeezed" "clipped" - do any of these things describe adequately what it's like to have a slab sided 2 tonnes of metal whiz past you at less than elbowing distance? Really?

I'm even cross at myself for using the rather anaemic "bad behaviour" to describe this sort of thing.

Oh come on it was just a mistake.

It was like when I was in the supermarket and this person in front was taking too long so I probably swung my baseball bat a bit too close to their head and they got all angry with me. So, it was 2cm from their skull, it's not like I hit them. We've all done it, supermarkets are dangerous places so people should get on with it.

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
While we're talking about our responsibilities on t'internet (well we were a few pages back): is it acceptable to use the size of anyone's (male or female) sexual organs as a source of ridicule and/or insult? Or are we throwing in those references because we actually seriously think his behaviour is the proverbial compensation?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
While we're talking about our responsibilities on t'internet (well we were a few pages back): is it acceptable to use the size of anyone's (male or female) sexual organs as a source of ridicule and/or insult? Or are we throwing in those references because we actually seriously think his behaviour is the proverbial compensation?
When dealing with an utter nobber, the rules of etiquette suggest that it's entirely acceptable.

Top Bottom