socks and bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Look at Planet X. They sell good cycling attire and its cheap.

vickster

Legendary Member
Decathlon

Sportpursuit if you want branded with a good reduction (buy using PayPal having registered for free returns 👍)
Buy multiple items at same time as they do charge postage (as do others like PX)

Last edited:
Re planet X, I can recommend these as a recent convert to the world of Freddie Mercury bibs.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXP3BK/planet-x-pro-line-365x-3-4-length-bib-shorts

I recently got 3 pairs for about £50.

Good for up to 20 degrees it says - hell in certain northern parts it rarely climbs above that.

Recently wore them in a heatwave on a northern ride and was fine - because of venting/breathing through my lower leg/ankles I suppose.

Pad seems superior to some Polaris things I have used.

Looking forward to using them in colder bits of the year with legwarmers.

Very versatile I think - I think you could probably wear them through 3/4 of the year.

They don't exactly feel like fine tailoring/lightweight gossamer stuff as maybe favoured by the Rapha crowd but I find tough/on the heavy side stuff quite reassuring.

They have a zip, and for my maybe warped torso I find them pretty much ideal for comfort stops.

Why pay more?

would be interested in views from anyone else who has forced themselves into them.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
Prendas :cry:are no longer selling jerseys and shorts ,only caps gloves and socks. :cry:.
I know I had the email the other week, real shame their gear was really good,

T4tomo

Guru
Often wonder whether it's worth going for the cheap end of stuff, especially with padded shorts. The cost will have long been forgotten before the on-going pain / discomfort on everyday rides.

I accept that not everyone can afford top end stuff, but there are sales and if the durability is better then the marginal cost is even less.
quite, hence the op asking the initial question of what is decent quality, but also good value from cc-ers experience.

there is also a bit of "what type of pad suits your particular arse"

Often wonder whether it's worth going for the cheap end of stuff, especially with padded shorts. The cost will have long been forgotten before the on-going pain / discomfort on everyday rides.

I accept that not everyone can afford top end stuff, but there are sales and if the durability is better then the marginal cost is even less.
I wouldn't use anything that gave me pain.
Would anyone?

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Thanks a million lads in my roady days I always wore assos but now that I'm an oap I couldn't afford there prices.il check out planetx and dhb I think crc sell dhb.thanks again lads.

Jags.

Top Bottom