Socks or overshoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A full wetsuit!

mondobongo

Über Member
You are going to get some water ingress with overshoes but they will keep the worst at bay and I prefer overshoes to sealskinz socks. I have these not pretty but they do the job. The only other option is waterproof shoes but they are not cheap.

domtyler

Über Member
With both full mudguards and overshoes, your shoes should remain pretty much dry. Getting your shoes soaked is not good as they tend to stay wet for ages and then stink.

Renard

Depends how wet it is. Overshoes most of the time but if its properly chucking it down you might want to get the sealskinz on too.

Enogeze

Endura Luminite overshoes - update

Hi tdr1nka

Just wondering if you have any update on how you fared with the Endura Luminite overshoes. If you've got time maybe you could answer a few questions?

Do they keep the water out?
How do you get into these things?
How do you do them up? Is there velcro along the bottom and back?
Can you walk around on them (eg. going into a shop)? Does the kevlar on the bottom enable this?

Thanks for your time.
So long

Bigtallfatbloke

Overshoes. wet shoes stink BAD...which is bad in a tent, bad on a plane and bad when the woman of your dreams shoes genuine interest in your bike

MessenJah

Rider
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I think overshoes are crap, because they don't last as long as socks - they get torn up by the chunky MTB soles and they get damaged when you walk. The zips break. Puddle water can enter through the cleat hole.

But, for the most part they keep your shoes dry. Wet shoes aren't a good thing.

gavintc

Guru
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Overshoes. wet shoes stink BAD...which is bad in a tent, bad on a plane and bad when the woman of your dreams shoes genuine interest in your bike

I feel there is a story in this one sentence.

Top Bottom