Sod helmets - should I wear glasses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Although more expensive....

Get a pair of sports glasses with an "insert"

rudygyker.jpg

That way you can change the colour and darkness of the main lens as opposed to changing the glasses. You can also uodtae either independently as the company's insert normally fits across a range of products.

Do ask about lens though as again they should be a polycarbonate as opposed to glass.

You could also go to somewhere like Optilabs for a custom set of glasses.

Personally though I have found "glazing" the inserts far cheaper than custom glasses, especially if you use varifocals like me.

Ranger

guitarpete247 said:
Just had latest eye test yesterday in Specsavers. They do a pair of wraparounds with prescription insert. Does anyone know if they are any good or can they recommend anywhere else to take my prescription? Specsavers only showed me one pair that they can get in for me to look at next weekend. I'd prefer to have more than one option.

I think Vision Express can get most Oakley's in prescription lenses (as opposed to inserts). Go and have a chat with them, they were helpful when I went in

Ranger said:
I think Vision Express can get most Oakley's in prescription lenses (as opposed to inserts). Go and have a chat with them, they were helpful when I went in

Not all ..... Half Jackets for instance will not take varifocal.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I've just ordered these little babies (the blue ones with direct lens). Should be delivered today too!!!

RP-Girl-RydonRx-blue.jpg

I wear glasses all the time, so it's important to me to have a decent pair for the bike/general use. www.rxsport.co.uk is a good site and have had about 7 pairs of specs from them - good service, quick delivery and quality products.

redjedi

Über Member
mike.pembo said:
The amount of stuff Ive had bounce off them makes me never get on the bike without some kind of eye wear on.

Same here. I wear contacts when on the bike so I can wear my safety glasses. A selection of lenses also helps with the different conditions.

They also stop the wind blowing directly into them which can get very annoying on fast descents.

snapper_37 said:
I've just ordered these little babies (the blue ones with direct lens). Should be delivered today too!!!

RP-Girl-RydonRx-blue.jpg

I wear glasses all the time, so it's important to me to have a decent pair for the bike/general use. www.rxsport.co.uk is a good site and have had about 7 pairs of specs from them - good service, quick delivery and quality products.

I use the Ketyum with RX inserts

mike.pembo said:
The amount of stuff Ive had bounce off them makes me never get on the bike without some kind of eye wear on.

That's strange. I've never ever worn eye protection and it's never been the smallest problem for me. Maybe I should start a bad tempered thread about how anyone who wears eye protection is merely voting for it to be made compulsory, or something ... :evil::troll:

Armegatron

Rhythm Thief said:
That's strange. I've never ever worn eye protection and it's never been the smallest problem for me. Maybe I should start a bad tempered thread about how anyone who wears eye protection is merely voting for it to be made compulsory, or something ... :wacko::biggrin:
:laugh: Defiantly.

I skipped straight to the end after reading the first page or so, so forgive if this is repetition.

I wear Specialized glasses I picked up in a Edinburgh Bicycle Coop cheap; the inserts cose £9 and specsavers charged £30 to make them up. I don't go out without them.

Top Bottom