sod the job hunting....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
... I want to work here

Saw it on telly last night, in fact was almost late for my curry with Mickle, as I couldn't tear myself away...

Not the time to go to Kenya just now though I guess.:smile:

So many baby elephants though! Amazing scene of a really little sick baby being airlifted in a light 'plane to the orphanage - you don't imagine elephants in aeroplanes somehow, no matter how tiny they are..

Cue Jumbo jet jokes....:sad:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:
I said if I had one I would get it to help wash the car. My daughter just sighed and said 'thats on your cycle forum isn't it' :smile:

:sad: Sorry.....

girofan

Arch, get a job as soon as. If the Tory's have there way you will be forced into the first job offered and if you refuse it, will be forced to do "community service" or no Jobseeker's Allowance! :becool:
Get a job overseas. THE BLUE MEANIES ARE COMING!! :biggrin::ohmy:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
girofan said:
Arch, get a job as soon as. If the Tory's have there way you will be forced into the first job offered and if you refuse it, will be forced to do "community service" or no Jobseeker's Allowance! :becool:
Get a job overseas. THE BLUE MEANIES ARE COMING!! :biggrin::ohmy:

I believe you get nixed if you don't accept one of three job offers.

T x

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
If it becomes so bad that I have to claim benefit, then yes, I'd take whatever came up.

But I don't think even the Tories would force me to do community service while I live off my savings....

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
are there not elephanty places in india? combine your love of the pachyderm and hot food in one fell swoop. you'd probably get paid peanuts, but at least you could feed them to the elephants :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
are there not elephanty places in india? combine your love of the pachyderm and hot food in one fell swoop. you'd probably get paid peanuts, but at least you could feed them to the elephants :rolleyes:

There are, and in other parts of Asia. A friend of mine paid to go and volunteer at a sanctuary in Thailand. Apparently, she was a bit surprised that the baby elephants only really wanted to know you when you had food for them.... I think she had a rather romantic notion that they would automatically sense her love for them and come running to be stroked....

Maybe one day.

Top Bottom