Soft drink brand gives free bikes to kids to promote health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IncoherentJeff

I think it's good especially that they're learning to build them too, that will hopefully mean they can fix it themselves rather than it being abandoned in a shed as soon as there's a problem.

I've seen a few old 7UP rigid mtb's pop up on eBay over the last year or so. Not sure if they were given away or a competition prize back in the day....
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=231373558319

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Bicycle Network made a lot of Australians angry by partnering with Coca Cola, because the former company is marketing themselves as a "health charity" :rolleyes:. That was one of the reasons I cancelled my Bicycle Network membership, and now just stick with the Audax membership instead.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Interesting... Got to be a good thing getting more kids riding, and even better building bikes... but a healthy lifestyle choice drink it is not! maybe in the interests of honesty Coke should stick on the bottle how many miles they have to cycle to offset a bottle of sugary-black-addiction-juice?

D

Deleted member 26715

In Florida at the top of the couple of hills that that have or what they call hills Gatoraid have dispensing machines with free drinks.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I always have a sugary-salty drink before a bike ride anyway so yeah, why not...

Top Bottom