Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just had ESE Group come and do a survey.....will be a 4kw system. So just wait fror the quote now. They use LUX hardware

D

Deleted member 26715

Currently 2 guys on the roof & 1 guy in the cupboard under the stairs fitting all the kit, they couldn't get what they spec'd so have upgraded the inverter & battery

jowwy

Just had my Quote through in two options -

Option 1

8 x 400w Longi Panels all Black
1 x 3.6kw Lux Power LXP 3.6 Hybrid Invertor
All fixtures and fittings

£8445

Option 2

3.2kwh Battery

£9405

So they will only charge me an extra 1K to supply the 3.2kwh battery

CXRAndy

Guru
Just had my Quote through in two options -

Option 1

£8445

Option 2

3.2kwh Battery

£9405

So they will only charge me an extra 1K to supply the 3.2kwh battery

If you're not too precious about all black panels, go with plain aluminium frame. The cooler the panel stays the higher output. All black just increases the heat build up

jowwy

If you're not too precious about all black panels, go with plain aluminium frame. The cooler the panel stays the higher output. All black just increases the heat build up

Thats all they offer from ese group, all black panels

jowwy

Currently 2 guys on the roof & 1 guy in the cupboard under the stairs fitting all the kit, they couldn't get what they spec'd so have upgraded the inverter & battery

Is it all done and hows it working???

D

Deleted member 26715

Is it all done and hows it working???

Yes & no, it's on the roof & producing but there's an issue with the battery charger it's got an error, they're waiting for Growatt to come back to them to advise what the problem is.

I had to leave them to it Monday as I had to got o the airport, so they've not gone through all the stuff yet, but I hooked the dongle up to the WiFi yesterday at 11:50 & it produced 17.5kWh & today so far 13.6kWh it was quite funny in a very childish way to watch the meter spin backwards yesterday.

IMG_20220823_175159_517.jpeg

IMG_20220823_175153_371.jpeg

IMG_20220823_175206_434.jpeg

IMG_20220823_175750_870.jpeg

The aeiel you see at the far end of the roof has now been taken down as the top panel already had bird poop on it.

jowwy

Yes & no, it's on the roof & producing but there's an issue with the battery charger it's got an error, they're waiting for Growatt to come back to them to advise what the problem is.

I had to leave them to it Monday as I had to got o the airport, so they've not gone through all the stuff yet, but I hooked the dongle up to the WiFi yesterday at 11:50 & it produced 17.5kWh & today so far 13.6kWh it was quite funny in a very childish way to watch the meter spin backwards yesterday.

View attachment 658581

View attachment 658582

View attachment 658580

View attachment 658579

The aeiel you see at the far end of the roof has now been taken down as the top panel already had bird poop on it.

Ah its a shame they havent been able to get it all done for you. Fingers crossed it will get sorted.

jowwy

Ive recieved a 2nd quote for fitting and a battery

10 x 405w panels
hybrid inverter
fitting, scaffold, commissioning, 10yr warranty etc etc

£5495

for an additional 5.2kw Battery

£8495

Whick makes my first quote look rather silly, as its all the same equipment, but the first quote is for less panels and a smaller battery. I think some of these companies think they are dealing with stupid people who dont shop around.

Alex321

Veteran

10 x 405w panels
hybrid inverter

£5495

£8495

Whick makes my first quote look rather silly, as its all the same equipment, but the first quote is for less panels and a smaller battery. I think some of these companies think they are dealing with stupid people who dont shop around.

That battery seems expensive. We were quoted about the same for a 16Kwh battery.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

10 x 405w panels
hybrid inverter

£5495

£8495

That’s way cheaper than what I’m getting quoted for up here !

D

Deleted member 26715

10 x 405w panels
hybrid inverter

£5495

£8495

That is incredibly cheap

Top Bottom