Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My system is being fitted next week - over a month earlier than expected. A question on tariffs - Octopus Agile versus Go Faster? This is on a 6.4 kW panels with 6.4kW battery system. What tariffs are you on?

kipster

Guru
I've applied for octopus agile outgoing but staying on octopus standard for incoming.

I can't get go as I don't have an EV and you can't have go with agile outgoing

CXRAndy

Guru
My system is being fitted next week - over a month earlier than expected. A question on tariffs - Octopus Agile versus Go Faster? This is on a 6.4 kW panels with 6.4kW battery system. What tariffs are you on?

Have you got an EV? You better answer yes. The GO and Agile tariffs are set-up for EV users foremost.

Their policy may have changed recently, but answer correctly if asked ;)

kipster

Guru
Have you got an EV? You better answer yes. The GO and Agile tariffs are set-up for EV users foremost.

Agile tarrifs are for solar PV not EV owners. Go is for EV. I'm not sure why anyone would choose agile incoming at the moment, seems to be pretty solid at 55p per kwh

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut

I had heard that you need an EV for Go. I can always be confused and say I have and then if get challenged can say I charge at work. I was thinking that a combination of Go and Outgoing would be best for me, but if I cannot have that then perhaps it will be Agile and Outgoing. Or, to confuse things more. Have Go in winter when presumably I won't have much outgoing and then switch to Agile and Outgoing in summer. It is all very confusing. Plus the small matter of what to do with my gas supplier.

Alex321

Veteran
I had heard that you need an EV for Go. I can always be confused and say I have and then if get challenged can say I charge at work. I was thinking that a combination of Go and Outgoing would be best for me, but if I cannot have that then perhaps it will be Agile and Outgoing. Or, to confuse things more. Have Go in winter when presumably I won't have much outgoing and then switch to Agile and Outgoing in summer. It is all very confusing. Plus the small matter of what to do with my gas supplier.

You really want agile outgoing, unless you actually have an EV to charge.

You can't have that with GO, which is designed specifically for EV users.

For most people without an EV, Agile both ways is the best option

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
We are getting a roof full next year which will heat 8 long corridors, laundry, office, communal lounge for free after 36 months.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You really want agile outgoing, unless you actually have an EV to charge.

You can't have that with GO, which is designed specifically for EV users.

For most people without an EV, Agile both ways is the best option

Even in winter when there will be very little outgoing?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just agreed the deal with my 3rd quoter

So im going with the following

8 x 405w Ja Solar tier 1 panels
1x Fox Hybrid 3.7kw inverter
fitting, cabling, scaffold, racking and commissioning

£5395

fitting in approx 6wks….no battery for now as my savings wont stretch to the extra 3k at the moment.

So will get the 5.3kw Battery fitted next year

Alex321

Veteran
Even in winter when there will be very little outgoing?

Our system was fitted on 10th February (still Winter in my book). In the remainder of that month, we exported 218Kwh. Admittedly, it wouldn't have been nearly as much with the battery, but we would hardly have imported anything.

And what we would have exported could have been at the time of day when rates are highest.

Even at this time of year, there were about 2 hours today when their export rates were higher than their import rate (which they cap at 55p, the export is uncapped)

Alex321

Veteran
Just note down a registration and make of EV locally if they ask. They will never normally ask- they accepted I had a Nissan leaf, no quibble at all

Why would anybody want to do this?

Their Go rate is good IF you have an EV. It isn't nearly good enough to outweigh the fact you can't use agile outgoing with it, and would only be getting 7p per unit.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Where have people had their inverter and battery situated for install???? Ive got a few options, but not sure which one to go with

Top Bottom