Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

whats in that quote altogether??

Something very impressive I hope.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Something very impressive I hope.

im hoping its not a massively over inflated fitting cost, like ese groups quote was for me.......3k parts, 5k fitting ( but hey they offered me a free 10 yr maintanance package of circa 2.6k over the 10yrs) so not entirely free, just paid for up front

It was Infinity renewables via a solar together scheme. The original company on the scheme couldn't deliver and infinity renewables took all the customers on.

Interesting - my local council is doing a scheme like this and they are offering all houses that are interested to the best bidder at the end of September. I see other councils are doing it too.

I've entered my details to see what comes from it anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-05 1.47.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-05 1.47.47 PM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 1

jowwy

Interesting - my local council is doing a scheme like this and they are offering all houses that are interested to the best bidder at the end of September. I see other councils are doing it too.

I've entered my details to see what comes from it anyway.

could be a long lead time after that, so could be a few big bills coming. If your on the standard tariff rght now while you wait

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My local council tried a 'bulk rate' for electricity and gas bills a few years in a row. Each time was significantly more expensive than an individual would have paid going direct. I don't see solar being any different. The more organisations involved the more people to pay and profit to be made.

My local council tried a 'bulk rate' for electricity and gas bills a few years in a row. Each time was significantly more expensive than an individual would have paid going direct. I don't see solar being any different. The more organisations involved the more people to pay and profit to be made.

It's economies of scale isn't it. Hence why a multinational who has big buying power gets better service and prices than individuals.

Of course it does depend on the skills of the people implementing the deal. They need to do their homework so that it's only awarded to a competent and trustworthy bidder.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's economies of scale isn't it. Hence why a multinational who has big buying power gets better service and prices than individuals.

Of course it does depend on the skills of the people implementing the deal. They need to do their homework so that it's only awarded to a competent and trustworthy bidder.

Did you type that with your tongue firmly stuck to the side of your cheek, our councils have never been ones to "do their homework" and find a "competent and trustworthy bidder."

Did you type that with your tongue firmly stuck to the side of your cheek, our councils have never been ones to "do their homework" and find a "competent and trustworthy bidder."

I've not worked in the public sector so can't comment.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've not worked in the public sector so can't comment.
No, neither have I, but I have seen endless examples of squandering money on many things, where if you asked them would they have paid for that out of their own money the answer would be No, along with the deliberate emptying of the bank accounts in March just to ensure they secure more funding next year.

No, neither have I, but I have seen endless examples of squandering money on many things, where if you asked them would they have paid for that out of their own money the answer would be No, along with the deliberate emptying of the bank accounts in March just to ensure they secure more funding next year.

Not that surprising when you consider how many things they do. I'm sure just as many examples are there for private companies.

Everyone manages their budget the same- if you don't spend it you lose it this year and for the future.

D

Deleted member 26715

Everyone manages their budget the same- if you don't spend it you lose it this year and for the future.
Not here come in under budget as long as it's all done & works you get a pat on the back, 50% of the saving would be nice but you can't have everything,

jowwy

All in the fitting costs were high ! I’m in another group discussion and the consensus is that it is way off. However cheap also doesn’t mean better. I’ll continue my quest.

Not sure were your based but take a look at Duel Fuel Solutions out of Bolton

Top Bottom