Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Ours is in the understairs cupboard which is accessible from the garage was originally the coal hole

kipster

Guru
My inverter and batteries are in a box room upstairs, the loft isn't big enough (chalet bungalow), and the box room gave easy access to the consumer unit and the panel wires from the roof.

CXRAndy

Guru
Why would anybody want to do this?

If you have appliances which can be run at specific times and a heating system like ground/air source. Running it on cheaper overnight tariff will work just as well as owning an EV. We got GO tariff for our EV but we also had groundsource heating so benefit both electric demands

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
A lot seem to go for the loft ? However that’s the last place I’d want anything like that going.

Im thinking my home office and then run the cables through the attic……..i get to see it producing power as i work the and easy access for any repairs, maintenance etc etc

are the inverters noisy???

D

Deleted member 26715

Ours is in the loft as well - not much on the readout that I need to know

Unless I am missing something?

Nope it's all on the app, unless I suppose you had at some point physically switch it off, to get to ours you will have to move the Fridge/Freezer so I'm hoping not.

jowwy

Ours is in the loft as well - not much on the readout that I need to know

Unless I am missing something?

Yeh mrs has over ruled me, so the attic its going. Im just thinking about the shut off. So will see if that can go down by the main supply, but will see

Buck

Guru
Yeh mrs has over ruled me, so the attic its going. Im just thinking about the shut off. So will see if that can go down by the main supply, but will see

You should be able to have dual isolators. One near your consumer unit and one near the inverter

jowwy

You should be able to have dual isolators. One near your consumer unit and one near the inverter

Will ask the question, thats all i want is the peace of mind to be able to shut it down if need be. I dont have a battery yet, but that can also go in the attic if theres no need for immediate access and the app does all the readings etc etc

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Im thinking my home office and then run the cables through the attic……..i get to see it producing power as i work the and easy access for any repairs, maintenance etc etc

are the inverters noisy???

None of the ones we have at work are but I’m risk averse to stuff like that going in my loft. However I’m assured by some installers that there will s minimal risk ?! Anyway mine don’t need to go there . Consumer unit is right next to my garage which has space right next to it for all that stuff .

Lofts get hot so do inverters , best keep them cool ?

Top Bottom